It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:53 am

wav files and hbw files

Using the CODM to create your own organ definitions, exchange CODM organ definitions, ...
  • Author

Ted Williamson

wav files and hbw files

PostMon Jul 16, 2012 9:37 pm

Hi Group,
I figured this is the best place to ask this question. Hope I'm right.

When replacing files in order to replace one rank with another, do the files have to be the same type (wav, hbw)? I mean, the original organ uses all .hbw files and the replacement rank uses all .wav files. Is that ok, or do the replacement files need to be converted to .hbw files before putting them in the place of the original files?

Thanks,
Ted Williamson
San Diego, CA

ggoode_sa

Re: wav files and hbw files

PostTue Jul 17, 2012 1:01 am

Hi Ted,

The CODM of HW4 is able to intelligently create an ODF using either wav or hbw files, so swapping an encrypted rank with an unencrypted rank is fine via the CODM. Just remember to make sure that when you load the Custom Organ using the Design Tools that you re-create the cache.

If you are talking about swapping encrypted for unencrypted ranks without recreating the ODF, then I'm afraid I have not tried that and we'll have to wait for Martin to inform us.

Kind regards,
GrahamG

mdyde

PostTue Jul 17, 2012 5:35 am

Hello Ted,

To add to Graham's reply (thanks Graham), yes - as long as you're loading a CODM organ definition then Hauptwerk will handle the file extensions automatically and transparently.

(For full-format, i.e. non-CODM, organ definitions then it won't - you would need to edit the organ definition for each sample, but that isn't something that we support and it won't be possible if the organ definition is copy-protected.)
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

Ted Williamson

PostWed Jul 18, 2012 11:17 am

Thanks Martin and Graham,
I understand the situation better know.

Ted Williamson
San Diego, CA

Return to Custom Organ Design Module (CODM)