It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:20 am

Please I need some help creating my sampleset

Using the CODM to create your own organ definitions, exchange CODM organ definitions, ...
  • Author

jeremalian

Please I need some help creating my sampleset

PostThu Jul 19, 2012 10:45 am

Hello everyone,
I am in the process of creating my own sampleset using stops from organ samplesets I currently own. I am using the program MYCO 2012 to create the basic organ and I intend to add additional stops and 1 extra manual by coding the CODM myself.

I was however wondering if the hauptwerk swell box model, wind model and other hauptwerk models will be automatically added or do I need to do some extra coding to enjoy these features on my organ?

Also some of the samplesets I am using like mosley have the organ mechanical sounds and are recorded wet, will those mechanical sounds still be in my newly created set?

Thanks

mdyde

Re: Please I need some help creating my sampleset

PostFri Jul 20, 2012 5:26 am

Hello jeremalian,

I can't help you with Myco I'm afraid (we haven't tried that yet). However, in the Hauptwerk CODM organ definition format itself it's possible to do all of the things you mention. The CODM user's guide (on the Help menu in Hauptwerk) covers those things, and the format in general, in depth.

For example, swell boxes, the wind supply model (which needs the Advanced Edition of Hauptwerk) and key action noises are defined via the Division table. Stop, Coupler and Tremulant tables can also be used to define action noises for their corresponding objects.
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

jeremalian

PostFri Jul 20, 2012 11:37 am

Thank you Martin.

JohnNicholson

PostMon Dec 10, 2012 4:21 pm

I am glad someone has mentioned the CODM manual. Why on earth is it printed in pdf format with text so small it acnnot be read without a microscope and what is worse in landscape page alyout so it is nearly impossible to read from one line to the next without getting totally lost? What kind of joke is this?

Has anyone turned it into a normal Windows Word or Open Office document so we can rearrange it to suit our eyesight and relative intelligence?

B. Milan

Site Admin

PostMon Dec 10, 2012 4:24 pm

Hello John,

PDFs can be made larger by simply clicking the + (Enlarge) button in your Adobe reader program. You can make it as large as you need to to view it.
Brett Milan
Owner
MILAN DIGITAL AUDIO

josq

PostMon Dec 10, 2012 4:40 pm

If I zoom in as much as I need for comfortable reading, I have to scroll horizontally because of the landscape format. The landscape format makes the CODM guide very inaccessible, I have to say.

JohnNicholson

PostFri Dec 28, 2012 4:36 pm

Thanks for that comment Brett, but what you suggest does not help at all. I will still need a block and tackle to get from the end of a line back to the beginning of the next line. Also, (like most people), I need to print this manual out on paper so I can read it easily in bed. Only that way will I ever be able to digest all about this complicated compiling stuff.

I see I now have at least one vocal supporter.

Can you (or anyone else) kindly convert this extra-ordinary pdf file into a nice readable open office or .doc file so we can squedge it into our favourite bedtime format?

Meanwhile I have had a short peek at MYCO. It looks a brilliant concept. Still works as a compiler (as opposed to an interpreter). But at least it seems to work logically and takes the pain out of writing XML code. I have better things to do.

B. Milan

Site Admin

PostFri Dec 28, 2012 5:26 pm

Hello John,

We'll add it to our list of things to look at, although we do currently have higher priorities at the moment.

Thank you.
Brett Milan
Owner
MILAN DIGITAL AUDIO

kzimmer0817

PostFri Sep 13, 2013 9:09 am

JohnNicholson wrote:Thanks for that comment Brett, but what you suggest does not help at all. I will still need a block and tackle to get from the end of a line back to the beginning of the next line. Also, (like most people), I need to print this manual out on paper so I can read it easily in bed. Only that way will I ever be able to digest all about this complicated compiling stuff.

I see I now have at least one vocal supporter.

Can you (or anyone else) kindly convert this extra-ordinary pdf file into a nice readable open office or .doc file so we can squedge it into our favourite bedtime format?

Meanwhile I have had a short peek at MYCO. It looks a brilliant concept. Still works as a compiler (as opposed to an interpreter). But at least it seems to work logically and takes the pain out of writing XML code. I have better things to do.
Sincerely,
Keith
Athens, GA

Return to Custom Organ Design Module (CODM)