It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:38 pm

MYCO 2013 - new version

Using the CODM to create your own organ definitions, exchange CODM organ definitions, ...
  • Author

musicalis

MYCO 2013 - new version

PostSat Mar 16, 2013 12:35 pm

The new version of Myco is ready.
See this page for more infos. Thanks :D

http://organ.monespace.net/ORGANWORKS/software/MYCO-2013.html

josq

Re: MYCO 2013 - new version

PostSat Mar 23, 2013 7:09 am

Anyone who can share his/her experiences with MYCO?

sstrasser

PostSun Mar 31, 2013 3:57 am

Hi all,

well, I am not very experienced with the myco software up to now but I just used the 2013 version to "modify" or better to say to create a custom organ out of my recently purchased Arp Schnitger Cappel sample set.

Unfortunately Milan does not offer CODFs for this encrypted set and they haven't been very helpful in answering my requests on finding a possibility to extend the keyboard compass to at least a "standard" of 56 keys (30 in pedal).

Aditionally I think these "photorealistic" screens very nice but completely unusable on smaller touch screens. Like often design strikes usability...

So I had a chat with Jean-Paul the programmer of Myco 2013. He was so kind and placed lot's of helpful suggestions on these issues.

I then used Myco 2013, created a very easy to handle textfile to tell Myco which sample sets I'd like to use. With the Myco software I have been able to extend the compass of the manuals to 61, pedal to 32. I changed the screen to "touch friendly" buttons, rearranged the layout and labels and have been ready with my first usable custom organ within approx. 30min.

I now started to adapt the Schnitger to an extended disposition to make it more usable for my wife to prepare her services on sunday by leaving out some samples respectivly changing the division for single stops. All this is possible and very easy.

:D

josq

PostMon Apr 01, 2013 5:35 am

@Strasser: thank you so much for sharing this experience! This sounds really interesting...

macman

PostMon Apr 01, 2013 11:41 am

Does MYCO work on a mac?

thanks,
Jerry

musicalis

PostTue Apr 02, 2013 3:31 am

Sorry Jerry, but Myco only works with Windows.
Jean-Paul

musicalis

PostThu Apr 04, 2013 7:06 am

Today : new version of Myco released.
This version 2.06.3 allows you to add blower, stop-action and key-action noises to your custom organs.

Doug S.

PostThu Apr 04, 2013 11:05 am

Does MYCO enable use of all release samples? Does it permit multiple use of a stop across various divisions with independent voicing?
Doug

musicalis

PostFri Apr 05, 2013 5:29 am

@Doug
1) Myco can work with samples (wav or hbw) having included or separate releases.
If your sample-set allows it, you can create custom organs having normal release and/or short notes release + medium notes release. With myco you can set the maximum duration for short and medium notes for each stop individually.
This picture is an example showing the stop Bourdon 16 from Ste-Anne Moseley with its two release subfolders and durations.

2) The same stop can be used several times but only once by manual.
when you use a stop several time you can use it each time with the same parameters or with differents settings.
For example, in a 4 manuals organ you can use 5 times the same bourdon 8' :
on Great, with original setting
on Positive with smaller amplitude level, slightly detuned by 2 or 3 cents
on Swell enclosed and with a tremulant
on Choir, with a different tremulant and transposed an octave up and renamed Bourdon 4'
on Pedal, louder, transposed a fifth lower and renamed Quinte 10 2/3'

Doug S.

PostFri Apr 05, 2013 10:57 am

Thanks, but let me be more specific. Will MYCO transparently utilize, unaltered, all of the samples original releases as provided in the original set? In my case Valesovo.
Doug

musicalis

PostFri Apr 05, 2013 12:52 pm

Hi Doug
Myco creates Custom Organs and custom organ are not as sophisticated as commercial virtual organs.
Myco allows you to create quickly new organs, but does not make miracles.
Nevertheless, when Myco uses the stops of a sampleset , it does not change anything to the samples.
Your future versions of Velosovo will certainly sound different than the original, this is because some parameters of the stops can be altered by you, for example if you set a new amplitude level, or by Myco if you use Myco preset enclosures.
I have not this sampleset, but If the stops of Velosovo have multiple releases (in separate subfolders) Myco can use these releases without deforming them.
Please notice we are speaking of multi-release, not multi-samples.
Myco is not shareware, but to please you, I can send you a registration code that you'll pay later only if Myco gets your entire satisfaction. Mail me.
Best regards. Jean-Paul

sstrasser

PostMon Apr 15, 2013 12:04 pm

One issue about the "OS X" compatibility: As already answered - myco is not avaliable on OS X but I am using it via parallels on Windows XP. Works perfect and uses the automatically created shared folders of my mac containing the hauptwerk samples.

All the best

Stefan

Return to Custom Organ Design Module (CODM)