It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:54 am

How Complicated to change stops in a CODM

Using the CODM to create your own organ definitions, exchange CODM organ definitions, ...
  • Author

Stuartm

How Complicated to change stops in a CODM

PostTue Mar 26, 2013 12:40 am

About 2 years ago a very kind member of this forum created a COD for me. He sent me the xml file which I managed to load and use. I now want to change the stops on this COD. This design gave me three harpsichord stops and three organ stops. I have opened the xml file and it is way beyond my knowledge. I am using stops from the St Anne Mosely organ and the sort of changes I want to make are taking out the Open Diapason 8 for example and replacing it with the Lieblich Gedakt. I have no idea if this is something I can do or whether it requires expertise beyond my experience. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
thanks

Stuart

Mike 353

Re: How Complicated to change stops in a CODM

PostTue Mar 26, 2013 7:17 am

Very easy to do. Find the rank in the CODM. In the line that starts: "Main Sample Folder", Simply replace whatever is there with the name of the rank you wish to use. Make sure that you get the exact name from the Organ Installation folder for St. Anne's. It may be number 000002 or 000010, depending on whether you are working from Hauptwerk III or Hauptwerk IV. If you wish to change the name on the stoptab or drawknob, then go down to the Stops listing, and chang eat least the display name, and you are in business once again.
Mike

musicalis

Re: How Complicated to change stops in a CODM

PostSat Mar 30, 2013 3:28 pm

Hi Stuart
If you think it is too difficult, I will do it for you.
Jean-Paul

Return to Custom Organ Design Module (CODM)