It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:48 am

illuminated stops working with crescendo pedal

Using the CODM to create your own organ definitions, exchange CODM organ definitions, ...
  • Author

mds6 user

illuminated stops working with crescendo pedal

PostSun Apr 21, 2013 6:25 pm

I use the major I sample set and my crescendo pedal does not have a display. Many digital organs get away with no pedal gauge by having the stops the crescendo pedal selects also displayed on the stop tabs. I have LED stops so I wonder how difficult it would be to make this change?
Thanks,
Matt

ggoode_sa

Re: illuminated stops working with crescendo pedal

PostMon Apr 22, 2013 1:21 am

Hi Matt,

As the CODM does not support Crescendo creation, all the Crescendo switches of the Major I were added after the ODF had been created. The Major I's ODF is encrypted, so you do not have access to any of that XML code either. Even if you had the Crescendo XML code it would not be an easy thing to do. Probably not impossible, but certainly not easy. I did the CODM work for the Major I before the Crescendo was added, so I will contact the Hydra Sound Group and see if creating a custom ODF is a possibility. It may take a while to get an answer while the possibility is being investigated.

Kind regards,
GrahamG

mds6 user

Re: illuminated stops working with crescendo pedal

PostMon Apr 22, 2013 7:35 am

Thanks for looking into this for me. If I can't figure out something software wise I will try to create something with a pedal that hits half a dozen combination pistons. The negative to this method is when you hit the general cancel it would clear the crescendo pedal. The positive is I could use this pedal with organs that don't have a crescendo.
Thanks,
Matt

Return to Custom Organ Design Module (CODM)