It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:54 am

Using Multiple Samples Per Note

Using the CODM to create your own organ definitions, exchange CODM organ definitions, ...
  • Author

ggoode_sa

Using Multiple Samples Per Note

PostWed Jul 09, 2014 7:12 am

Hi,

Is it possible to use multiple samples per not with a CODM based organ? For example, I have four wave files of a Chinese Gong (theatre organ) and I want a different sample to play each time the Gong piston is pressed... I have seen sample sets that use a 060-C.wav, 060-C__2.wav, 060-C.wav__3, 060-C__4.wav. Does the CODM ODF generator automatically create the round-robin or would I have to manually edit the ODF to get this functionality?

Kind regards,
GrahamG

mdyde

Re: Using Multiple Samples Per Note

PostWed Jul 09, 2014 7:57 am

Hello Graham,

The CODM doesn't have that functionality natively, I'm afraid, i.e. you'd need to use/edit the full ODF to implement that. The usual/intended way to do it In the full ODF would be to assign multiple Pipe_SoundEngine01_AttackSample objects to the relevant Pipe_SoundEngine01_Layer object, with all of their Pipe_SoundEngine01_AttackSample.AttackSelCriteria_... attributes equal, which causes Hauptwerk to choose one of the attached Pipe_SoundEngine01_AttackSample objects randomly (since all of their AttackSelCriteria_.. attributes make them equally good candidates) whenever the Pipe_SoundEngine01_Layer starts to speak.

(I suppose that the CODM StopRank entity's AlternateRankID, StopCodeToSwitchToAlternateRank, and RetriggerNotesWhenSwitchingBetweenNormalAndAlternateRanks attributes might possibly be used somehow to switch back and forth between up to two sets of rank samples for that stop, although it might be fiddly, since you'd probably want to work out a way to set up a stop that keeps changing state each time the key is pressed, or at least periodically, if indeed that's even possible within the CODM. Really those particular CODM.StopRank attributes were designed for implementing tremulant-affected samples.)
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

ggoode_sa

Re: Using Multiple Samples Per Note

PostWed Jul 09, 2014 8:05 am

Hi Martin,

Thanks for the information, I'll experiment a little with directly adding Pipe_SoundEngine01_AttackSample objects to the generated ODF once I have all the pieces properly put together :)

Kind regards,
GrahamG

Return to Custom Organ Design Module (CODM)