It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 7:14 pm

Portrait Stop Jambs for Krzeszow

Using the CODM to create your own organ definitions, exchange CODM organ definitions, ...
  • Author

chr.schmitz

Portrait Stop Jambs for Krzeszow

PostMon Jul 27, 2015 10:11 am

Hello Hauptwerker!

Krzeszow is a wonderful sample set! However, the original stop layout is quite confusing. Furthermore, on a portrait screen it is very small.

I would love to see a portrait mode for left and right stop jambs. Jiri told me, that he is currently pretty busy with other projects. He recommended to place a request in the forum.

With the help of a graphics program I created a layout, which is straight forward and tidied up. I even left the transposed stops out. I added the 2 couplers just to fill the empty space (see PDF).

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/296 ... rtrait.pdf

Now my question: is it a hard job to connect the graphics with the corresponding Hauptwerk function? Is there some literature available? Or is the CODM manual the only source of information?

Thanks in advance!
Chris

josq

Re: Portrait Stop Jambs for Krzeszow

PostMon Jul 27, 2015 10:33 am

I would not use the CODM, because in that case you would need to rewrite the code from scratch. It would be better to copy the ODF file and to modify only the code for the layout components. Of course, you also will need to create all the layout components and to place them in a separate folder. You may ask MDA for the guide for sample set creators to learn how to modify ODF's. It's definitely not going to be a simple job, but if you succeed, I think many people will be interested.

One comment on the layout design: you color-coded the undulating stops (Voce Humana and Unda Maris) as reeds, personally I would find it more convenient to have these stops placed close to their natural companions (Principal 8 and Flute 8/Gemhorn 8/Traveur 8 respectively).

chr.schmitz

Re: Portrait Stop Jambs for Krzeszow

PostMon Jul 27, 2015 11:18 am

Josq,

thanks for the rapid answer! I agree with your comment. Colors are already changed :wink:

Thanks again!
Christoph

Return to Custom Organ Design Module (CODM)