It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 11:35 pm

AlternateConsoleScreenLayouts

Using the CODM to create your own organ definitions, exchange CODM organ definitions, ...
  • Author

chr.schmitz

AlternateConsoleScreenLayouts

PostFri Aug 07, 2015 2:20 pm

Hi Hauptwerker,

Hauptwerk allows the use of multiple console screen layouts. Is it possible to create a console display, which uses only alternate layouts? Or is it mandatory to have one console display with the "main" layout?

Thanks in advance!

All the best,
Chris

mdyde

Re: AlternateConsoleScreenLayouts

PostFri Aug 07, 2015 2:44 pm

Hello Chris,

The default, generated displays can be turned on/off using the _General.CustomDisplay_EnableStdPages_... attributes. (My guess is that's what you're referring to.)

Each CustomDisplayN_... set of attributes specify a 'main' layout and and 'alternate layout'. For a given CustomDisplayN set, you can specify either:

- Just the main layout, or:
- Both the main layout and the alternate layout.

(You can't specify the alternate layout without the main layout, but there would be no point in doing that anyway, since anything you could do with an alternate layout you could equally do with a main layout.)
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

chr.schmitz

PostFri Aug 07, 2015 3:28 pm

Hello Martin,

thanks for the fast response!

If you want to create new screen layouts for organs, which have a low-res main layout, it would be great, if you don't have to create a "fake" main layout just in order to have the option to be able to create a new high-res layout.

Kind regards,
Chris

mdyde

PostSat Aug 08, 2015 3:25 am

Hello Chris,

Sorry -- I don't think I understand. Could you explain in a bit more detail what it is that you're trying to and why?

chr.schmitz wrote:If you want to create new screen layouts for organs, which have a low-res main layout, it would be great, if you don't have to create a "fake" main layout just in order to have the option to be able to create a new high-res layout.

If you don't want a low-res main layout, then why not just create a high-res layout as the main layout (with no alternate layout)? Either you want two layouts or only one?

Or are you perhaps referring to modifying some existing CODM organ definition, and trying to avoid having to change very much within it?
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

chr.schmitz

PostSat Aug 08, 2015 5:51 am

Hello Martin,

yes, I am working on a sample set, which does not offer a portrait mode. When adding a 2nd layout to the existing landscape mode, I have the problem, that I can use only elements, which are already on the primary screen (e.g. left jamb). I do not have access to elements, which are not on the primary screen (e.g. elements, which are on the screen for the right jamb).

Therefore I tried to create 2 new screens and allocate the elements differently. But I do not really need the portrait layout.

Many thanks for you support!

Best regards,
Chris

notdefined

PostFri Sep 04, 2015 11:42 am

Hi Chris,
Did you get this resolved? I have the same issue with CLR's Major I set that does not have portrait mode stop jambs. I have my 28" monitors set up in portrait orientation and to change that requires they be removed from their stands (pain). Being able to create an alternate definition would be very convenient.

Tom

chr.schmitz

PostFri Sep 04, 2015 2:54 pm

Hi Tom,

whenever you want to create an additional layout, you have to start off with a page using the standard layout (Display_ConsoleScreenWidthPixels / Display_ConsoleScreenHeightPixels). You have to put all elements, that should appear on your target layout, onto this layout.

Please have a look into my modified Krzeszow layout.

If you have further questions, please do not hesitate to contact me again.

Best,
Chris

notdefined

PostTue Sep 08, 2015 11:10 pm

Thank you Chris.

Return to Custom Organ Design Module (CODM)