Search:
Submit Search

Bovenkerk Hinsz Trem

Using the CODM to create your own organ definitions, exchange CODM organ definitions, ...

Bovenkerk Hinsz Trem

Postby BVH » Sat Aug 29, 2015 3:20 pm

How do I add a trem with a stop in the Hinsz instrument? I see that there is a folder called "Bovenkerk-Tremulant" in installation package number 131, but I get an error when I specify that folder in the rank table.
BVH

Re: Bovenkerk Hinsz Trem

Postby mdyde » Sun Aug 30, 2015 6:03 am

Hello BVH,

I've just had a look to check, and the Hinsz Bovenkerk sample set's 'Bovenkerk-Tremulant' folder contains waveforms for Hauptwerk's native tremulant model. They aren't separate ranks of pipe samples. Only the Vox Humana has separate pipe ranks sampled with a tremulant on in that sample set:

https://www.milandigitalaudio.com/instruments/baroque/1741-bovenkerk-hinsz/?back=Instruments

Hence the same applies (for all ranks apart from the Vox Humana) as with Mt. Carmel Skinner sample set that you asked about previously in this topic: viewtopic.php?f=13&t=14404

I.e. you need to use the Trem_... attributes in the CODM's Rank entry to define a tremulant for the (un-tremmed) pipe rank samples, in the way covered in the 'Using Hauptwerk’s native tremulant model' section in the CODM user guide (page15 in the current v4.2.1 version).
Best regards,
Martin.

[Please use email or the Contact page if you need to contact us privately, rather than private forum messages.]

mdyde

Postby BVH » Sun Aug 30, 2015 12:54 pm

Martin,

Thanks for your reply. I guess I wasn't clear. I had set up the rank for Hauptwerk's native tremulant model (similar to the Skinner set) for manual 1 as:
<Trem_TremulantCode>1710</Trem_TremulantCode>
<Trem_SampleInstallationPackageID>131</Trem_SampleInstallationPackageID>
<Trem_WaveformSampleFileFolder>Bovenkerk-Tremulant</Trem_WaveformSampleFileFolder>

But the error message I get for the rank is "The specified tremulant sample folder doesn't contain any samples with valid filenames."

The files are there. This smacks of something simple I've neglected, but I can't figure what it could be. Any ideas?
BVH

Postby mdyde » Mon Aug 31, 2015 5:43 am

Hello BVH,

Thanks for the clarification.

I see the problem now -- the files in that sample set's folder aren't actually named in the way required for compatibility with the CODM. I'll see what Brett suggests.
Best regards,
Martin.

[Please use email or the Contact page if you need to contact us privately, rather than private forum messages.]

mdyde

Postby B. Milan » Mon Aug 31, 2015 9:02 pm

Yes, you'll just need to copy and paste those trem samples into a custom folder, then rename according to the file naming scheme that the CODM requires.
Regards,
Brett Milan
http://www.hauptwerk.com
http://www.milandigitalaudio.com
Send Email

Site Admin

Return to Custom Organ Design Module (CODM)