It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:31 am

Help with loading custom organ

Using the CODM to create your own organ definitions, exchange CODM organ definitions, ...
  • Author

scottherbert

Help with loading custom organ

PostSun Jan 17, 2016 11:59 pm

I have been trying to load a custom organ using MYCO. So far it is a blend of the Caen demo v2.0, and the Doesburg demo. The MYCO works fine, but when it comes to loading it into Hauptwerk, when I click "load custom organ" it goes so far and gives me a screen that says that the Doesburg stop cannot be loaded because the file does not exist, and that I have to load the sample, or words to that effect.

The sample set IS loaded, and I play it often. I have found that (curiously) I have (at least) 3 separate organ definition files, each with different content! Is this normal? Could this be why Hauptwerk can find 1 organ (Caen v2) but not the other, because they are not in the same file? The Caen stops load fine.

Finally, can I, should I, and how do I merge them into a single file?

Thanks for your help,
~Scott
"Life is just a dream, it is in death that we truly awaken!"

mdyde

Re: Help with loading custom organ

PostMon Jan 18, 2016 4:35 am

Hello Scott,

[Topic moved here.]

I haven't had a chance to try MYCO yet myself, but it would just output a file in Hauptwerk's CODM organ definition format in your [HauptwerkUserData]/CustomOrganDefinitions folder.

scottherbert wrote: The MYCO works fine, but when it comes to loading it into Hauptwerk, when I click "load custom organ" it goes so far and gives me a screen that says that the Doesburg stop cannot be loaded because the file does not exist, and that I have to load the sample, or words to that effect.

The sample set IS loaded, and I play it often.

From your description, I think you must either have mistyped the folder/path for the rank's samples within MYCO, or perhaps specified the wrong installation package ID. However, the error message text should give the exact details.

If that doesn't solve it, please use 'Help | Create a diagnostic file' and send the resulting file to us ( https://www.hauptwerk.com/forms/support/ ), which will allow us to see the actual error message text, and thus tell you specifically what you need to correct.

scottherbert wrote:I have found that (curiously) I have (at least) 3 separate organ definition files, each with different content! Is this normal? Could this be why Hauptwerk can find 1 organ (Caen v2) but not the other, because they are not in the same file? The Caen stops load fine.

Finally, can I, should I, and how do I merge them into a single file?

What specific files (exact filenames, with file extension) are your referring to, and in which specific folder(s)?

MYCO will presumably have its version saved somewhere of the organ definition you're making. It will output its result to your [HauptwerkUserData]/CustomOrganDefinitions folder, ready for the Hauptwerk CODM to load. You would then use the 'Design tools | Load custom organ' function in Hauptwerk, which will compile your CODM organ definition file, saving the result into your '[HauptwerkSampleSetsAndComponents]/OrganDefinitions folder, and load it from there. Hence you will end up with one 'source' MYCO file, and two compiled Hauptwerk organ definition files (one in the CODM organ definition format, and the final one in the 'full' organ definition format). That's normal and necessary.
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

Return to Custom Organ Design Module (CODM)