Search:
Submit Search

GUI front-end editor for CODM on OS X?

Using the CODM to create your own organ definitions, exchange CODM organ definitions, ...

GUI front-end editor for CODM on OS X?

Postby notdefined » Fri Jan 22, 2016 8:53 pm

Does anyone know of a package like Myco or Basilica to generate the files for a custom organ. They both seem adequate for my needs but only run on Windows, whilst I would prefer something for OSX.

Thanks,

Tom
notdefined

Re: Question

Postby mdyde » Sat Jan 23, 2016 5:10 am

Hello Tom,

[I've edited the title of your topic to reflect its content, so that it's likely to attract more relevant views/replies.]

I don't think I'm aware of any CODM GUI front-end editors for the Mac platform currently. However (unless anybody else knows of one), you could probably potentially use some platform virtualisation software such as VMWare Fusion or Parallels to allow you to run the relevant Windows application on OS X.

I wouldn't imagine that CODM GUI editors would have any performance or other problems running in such environments, so it would probably be straightforward.
Best regards,
Martin.

[Please use email or the Contact page if you need to contact us privately, rather than private forum messages.]

mdyde

Re: Question

Postby engrssc » Sun Jan 24, 2016 6:15 am

mdyde wrote:[I've edited the title of your topic to reflect its content, so that it's likely to attract more relevant views/replies.]

Except on my computer, the title is still Question.

Rgds,
Ed
engrssc

Re: GUI front-end editor for CODM on OS X?

Postby mdyde » Sun Jan 24, 2016 6:26 am

Thanks, Ed.

Somehow I think I must have edited it and then not saved the changes. I've edited (and saved!) the title again properly now.
Best regards,
Martin.

[Please use email or the Contact page if you need to contact us privately, rather than private forum messages.]

mdyde

Postby notdefined » Sun Jan 24, 2016 12:48 pm

Thank you kind sir.
notdefined

Postby jimintoronto » Tue Sep 12, 2017 4:57 pm

Hi - I realize this is an older post, and I'm not sure that what I'm asking is relevant to this thread, but here goes...
Is there a GUI interface in which one can load the definition file and drag and drop drawknobs, pistons etc., perhaps with the ability to right-click on a knob and change its name, assign a different set of sound files to it, change the stopjamb template, division designation etc.?
Thanks in advance,
Jim
jimintoronto

Postby mdyde » Sun Sep 17, 2017 6:43 am

Hello Jim,

Hauptwerk itself doesn't currently have that functionality, but there are some third-party utilities to do it (e.g. Myco or Basilica) for the Windows platform (but not on OS X directly, as far as I know).
Best regards,
Martin.

mdyde

Postby jimintoronto » Mon Sep 18, 2017 2:47 pm

Thanks Martin - much appreciated. I'll have a look at one of those.
Regards,
Jim
jimintoronto

Return to Custom Organ Design Module (CODM)