It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:24 am

Base pitch

Using the CODM to create your own organ definitions, exchange CODM organ definitions, ...
  • Author

chr.schmitz

Base pitch

PostTue Sep 13, 2016 3:07 pm

Hi,

how is the base pitch of a CODM created organ calculated? I have the impression that this happens some sort of randomly depending on which stops have been used inside the CODM.

Is there a setting to set the base pitch of the resulting ODF to a defined (start or default) value?

Best,
Chris

mdyde

Re: Base pitch

PostWed Sep 14, 2016 6:05 am

Hello Chris,

The _General.AudioEngine_BasePitchHz setting exists in v4.2.0+ in the 'full' organ definition format for it:

If left at its default of zero, Hauptwerk will attempt to determine the base pitch automatically from the sample files, reading the mean pitch of all A-notes (for all ranks that the user hasn't disabled). Only set this to a non-zero value if you are certain that the value you specify is exactly correct, since an incorrect value would lead to the organ sounding at the wrong pitch (and probably being out of tune with other instruments and/or any real pipework).

There's no equivalent in the CODM organ definition format, I'm afraid. (The CODM compiles the above setting to 0.) However, as long as the pitches are stored correctly in the sample files, then the calculated base pitch should normally be correct.
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

chr.schmitz

PostWed Sep 14, 2016 8:56 am

Hello Martin,

thank you very much!

I should have searched for BasePitch in the ODF. I did so in the numerous manuals without success. Again, thank you very much!

Best,
Chris

mdyde

PostWed Sep 14, 2016 9:46 am

Thanks, Chris.

You're very welcome.
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

Return to Custom Organ Design Module (CODM)