It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:45 am

ODF Coupler Question

Using the CODM to create your own organ definitions, exchange CODM organ definitions, ...
  • Author

scodavis

ODF Coupler Question

PostFri Dec 22, 2023 12:49 pm

Hello,

I am trying to add a new Positiv Super Coupler to an existing sample set by directly editing the ODF file. I feel like I'm 90% of the way there. I've used a combination of trial and error as well as looking at other ODF files and I think I've got it set up properly. The stop loads and displays in the correct location, and it functions perfectly - except that it is not saved nor reset by the combination action. If I set it to a piston then turn it off and press the piston, it stays off. If I turn it on and then press General Cancel, it stays on. I am stumped.

Below I'll list the various components I've added - assistance would be appreciated!

ImageSet ID 14304 - defining the clickable area
ImageSetElement (2) - an "off" and "on" image, both referencing ImageSetID 14304
ImageSetInstance ID 14304 - defines the switch image locations

Switch ID 19304 - references ImageSetInstanceID 14304, has Latching, AccessibleforInput, AccessibleforOutput, and Clickable set to Y, everything else N.
KeyAction, refernces ConditionSwitchID 19304.

Thank you!

-Scott Davis

mdyde

Re: ODF Coupler Question

PostFri Dec 22, 2023 1:18 pm

Hello Scott,

If you don't already have it, the sample set developer documentation is available upon request to licensed Hauptwerk users -- please send an email to support[at]hauptwerk.zendesk.com if needed, mentioning that you'd like a copy.

That documentation covers the organ definition file (ODF) format, in concert with the "Design tools | View organ definition format documentation" menu option in Hauptwerk (which is available once the relevant licence is activated).

Aside from providing the documentation, we don't officially provide support for editing 'full-format' ODFs, but briefly you would need to add new CombinationElement records for each of the desired CombinationIDs, respecifying your new SwitchID for CombinationElement.ControlledSwitchID and CombinationElement.CapturedSwitchID.
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

scodavis

PostFri Dec 22, 2023 1:21 pm

mdyde wrote:Hello Scott,

If you don't already have it, the sample set developer documentation is available upon request to licensed Hauptwerk users -- please send an email to support[at]hauptwerk.zendesk.com if needed, mentioning that you'd like a copy.

That documentation covers the organ definition file (ODF) format, in concert with the "Design tools | View organ definition format documentation" menu option in Hauptwerk (which is available once the relevant licence is activated).

Aside from providing the documentation, we don't officially provide support for editing 'full-format' ODFs, but briefly you would need to add new CombinationElement records for each of the desired CombinationIDs, respecifying your new SwitchID for CombinationElement.ControlledSwitchID and CombinationElement.CapturedSwitchID.

I will give your suggestion a try as well as request the documentation as you suggested. Thank you for your help, and have a wonderful holiday season!

mdyde

PostFri Dec 22, 2023 1:24 pm

Thanks very much, Scott. You too.
Best regards, Martin.

scodavis

PostFri Dec 22, 2023 1:33 pm

mdyde wrote:Aside from providing the documentation, we don't officially provide support for editing 'full-format' ODFs, but briefly you would need to add new CombinationElement records for each of the desired CombinationIDs, respecifying your new SwitchID for CombinationElement.ControlledSwitchID and CombinationElement.CapturedSwitchID.

Just wanted to provide a quick follow-up and tell you that your suggestion worked and now the new coupler functions perfectly. I really appreciate the help!

mdyde

PostFri Dec 22, 2023 2:20 pm

Excellent. You're very welcome. Thanks again, Scott.
Best regards, Martin.

Return to Custom Organ Design Module (CODM)