It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:18 am

Swell realism

Using the CODM to create your own organ definitions, exchange CODM organ definitions, ...
  • Author

William

Swell realism

PostSat Feb 14, 2009 11:15 am

I have recently loaded a custom organ onto my cumputor using a variety of samples and it works fine (IVP with 87 stops).

The only thing that I am not happy about is, that the swells now sound very unnatural - the sound doesn't bloom naturally - whereas, when I was using the basic Skinner organ, the swells were very realistic.

Is there something in the settings I can fiddle with the get this realism back? Also i quite liked the well box "noise" but can't seem to find that either.

Any clues?

best wishes

Will

B. Milan

Site Admin

PostSat Feb 14, 2009 1:00 pm

Hello William,

The CODM enclosure (Swell) parameters are fairly basic compared to a full definition format like the Skinner. The full format allows each individual pipe to have several different aspects modified for the enclosure settings whereas the CODM has a more basic method in which you only have to specify the first and last notes of a rank to be enclosed and the first and last filter data information, then Hauptwerk scales the rest of the pipes correspondingly in between these values.

So, the means to adjust indiviedual pipes in an enclosure are not present in the CODM and this is intentional to keep the file formatting more simple for the user. You can still experiment more with the minimum and maximum frequency settings within the CODM to adjust each rank until you get an effect you are happy with. Swell simulation is a fairly difficult part of creating the virtual organs, so it may take some time to get it to where you are happy with it.
Brett Milan
Owner
MILAN DIGITAL AUDIO

William

Thanks

PostSun Feb 15, 2009 5:44 am

cheers Brett.
Will

Return to Custom Organ Design Module (CODM)