It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:50 pm

CODM Great/Pedal divisional combined

Using the CODM to create your own organ definitions, exchange CODM organ definitions, ...
  • Author

ofnicolson

CODM Great/Pedal divisional combined

PostWed Mar 04, 2009 11:36 am

Hi,

Does anyone know, using the CODM, whether it's possible to implement a "Great+Pedal combined" function for divisionals - i.e. so hitting a given divisional on the Great triggers the corresponding divisional on the Pedals, and vice versa? I can't figure out a way to do this!

Thanks for your help.
Ollie

B. Milan

Site Admin

PostWed Mar 04, 2009 12:22 pm

Hello Ollie,

Currently this is not possible to connect one piston to another in the CODM. The only piston connections you are able to make are for reversibles which connect to stops, couplers or tremulants. See page 121 of the new CODM user guide for the shortcut pistons section.

We'll add it to the enhancements database for a future version to allow pistons to link to other pistons.
Brett Milan
Owner
MILAN DIGITAL AUDIO

Mike 353

PostWed Mar 04, 2009 1:01 pm

I believe that it is possible to do what Ollie is asking, by having separate divisionals for the Great and Pedals, but putting one under the other, that is, specifying the same X and Y coordinates for both. For instance, both Great divisional I and Pedal divisional I would have the same coordinates. Thus, when you press the divional I, you are actually pressing two divisionals at the same time.

This may be an awkward solution if you also want separate Pedal divisionals, but if you only want combined Great-Pedal divisionals, it will work.

B. Milan

Site Admin

PostWed Mar 04, 2009 1:04 pm

I believe that it is possible to do what Ollie is asking, by having separate divisionals for the Great and Pedals, but putting one under the other, that is, specifying the same X and Y coordinates for both. For instance, both Great divisional I and Pedal divisional I would have the same coordinates. Thus, when you press the divional I, you are actually pressing two divisionals at the same time.

For touch screen or mouse use this might work out OK, however it would not work for use from external pistons or other MIDI switches since they connect internally.
Brett Milan
Owner
MILAN DIGITAL AUDIO

ofnicolson

PostWed Mar 04, 2009 5:34 pm

Thanks for the replies! I think this would be a useful feature to add to your (no doubt long!) list.

Ollie

ldeutsch

PostThu Mar 05, 2009 10:54 am

Everyone,

I believe it is possible to wire the MIDI signal from a piston to more than one function in HW. In this way, one could program the same piston to fire both a great and pedal divisional. This solution should work equally well for CODM and non-CODM instruments.

... Though I also like the idea of placing the two pistons over each other on the screen - its creative.

Les

Return to Custom Organ Design Module (CODM)