It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:15 am

Help! First time loading Custom Organ

Using the CODM to create your own organ definitions, exchange CODM organ definitions, ...
  • Author

ns_organist

Help! First time loading Custom Organ

PostSat Jun 06, 2009 7:04 am

Hello everyone,

I've spent some time planning and desigining a custom organ (extended version of St. Anne's). I'm tryinng to load it, and (surprise!) am getting many error messages. The first one, I can't seen to get past is: "ERR 1120 Parsing error at line 9 ... an unexpected element 'Name' was found..." I've tried renaming the field, removed any punctuation, spaces, etc, but can't get past this line. The CODM manual seems to indicate that the field requires a string, max lengthh 64 characters - I can't find anything more about restrictions, or required format for this field.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.
Kevin

wurlitzerwilly

Re: Help! First time loading Custom Organ

PostSat Jun 06, 2009 10:56 am

ns_organist wrote:Hello everyone,

I've spent some time planning and desigining a custom organ (extended version of St. Anne's). I'm tryinng to load it, and (surprise!) am getting many error messages. The first one, I can't seen to get past is: "ERR 1120 Parsing error at line 9 ... an unexpected element 'Name' was found..." I've tried renaming the field, removed any punctuation, spaces, etc, but can't get past this line. The CODM manual seems to indicate that the field requires a string, max lengthh 64 characters - I can't find anything more about restrictions, or required format for this field.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.
Kevin

Hi Kevin.

You've possibly deleted a field marker ">" or "<" or a complete end tag </xxxxxxx> so the parser doesn't know where to stop.

Can you post the first 20 lines of your code.
Regards,

Alan.
(Paramount Organ Works)

Return to Custom Organ Design Module (CODM)