It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:13 pm

Couplers

Using the CODM to create your own organ definitions, exchange CODM organ definitions, ...
  • Author

wurlitzerwilly

Re: Couplers

PostWed Aug 19, 2009 2:17 pm

Hi Martin.

Yay. A big custard trifle for you with a strawberry on top. It was the divisional settings that needed extending and I now have the Great Couplers working correctly. No reason to assume that the other divisions won't follow.
Whoopee do. One very happy bunny. :D :D

I may as well set everything to cover the full possible compass, then in future ODFs for TOs, I won't forget. :lol:

I presume that the 'negligible additional CPU overhead' would not be likely to adversely affect the Free Edition of Hauptwerk, in combination with other limitations?

A slight ambiguity in your reply that I'd like to question, purely for purposes of accuracy:

Assuming you don't have any special partial-compass/multi-sample-rank stops, for simplicity you could instead just set *all* occurrences of the following setting to 12:

Rank.MIDINoteNumberOfFirstPipe

You would then just need to make sure that you have the settings correct for the Rank entries themselves, so that you tell Hauptwerk the true compasses of the ranks and samples. E.g. for an 85-note rank starting at 16' C the settings should be:

Rank.MIDINoteNumberOfFirstPipe = 24

Is it best to just set this figure to 12 or should it be set accurately according to the samples in use?

The alternate rank settings shouldn't have any bearing on compasses, but you could test that for yourself by just temporarily clearing those entries.

No they don't. It all works fine with and without.

I still don't mind sending you or Brett the files for the project, but I won't send unless I you say so, as there's a lot of data, and I guess you probably have enough to do answering my questions, without wading through gigabytes of RAR files, now that a solution has been found.
Regards,

Alan.
(Paramount Organ Works)

mdyde

PostWed Aug 19, 2009 2:37 pm

Hello Alan,

A slight ambiguity in your reply that I'd like to question, purely for purposes of accuracy:

Assuming you don't have any special partial-compass/multi-sample-rank stops, for simplicity you could instead just set *all* occurrences of the following setting to 12:

You would then just need to make sure that you have the settings correct for the Rank entries themselves, so that you tell Hauptwerk the true compasses of the ranks and samples. E.g. for an 85-note rank starting at 16' C the settings should be:

Rank.MIDINoteNumberOfFirstPipe = 24

Is it best to just set this figure to 12 or should it be set accurately according to the samples in use?

Sorry - I've edited my previous reply now to correct it.

The following two settings must always be set accurately for the rank in question:

Rank.NumberOfPipes

I still don't mind sending you or Brett the files for the project, but I won't send unless I you say so, as there's a lot of data, and I guess you probably have enough to do answering my questions, without wading through gigabytes of RAR files, now that a solution has been found.

No need to send them now that you've sorted out, but thanks.

I presume that the 'negligible additional CPU overhead' would not be likely to adversely affect the Free Edition of Hauptwerk, in combination with other limitations?

Don't worry about it - any additional overheads wouldn't even be measurable.
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

wurlitzerwilly

PostWed Aug 19, 2009 3:00 pm

Thanks for clearing up the remaining questions, Martin.

Once again better than 'timely' service and a good conclusion, which I hope will have helped a few others along the way.

Again, thanks to you and Brett for taking the time and trouble.
Regards,

Alan.
(Paramount Organ Works)
Previous

Return to Custom Organ Design Module (CODM)