It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:36 pm

Divisional woes

Using the CODM to create your own organ definitions, exchange CODM organ definitions, ...
  • Author

ns_organist

Divisional woes

PostSun Aug 23, 2009 11:18 am

Hello everyone,

I'm having a problem (I believe) with the divisional definitions for a custom organ. The organ file loads fine, but I can't get the keyboards page (either the standard version, or a custom display page) to place the keyboards correctly. Simmililarly, none of my divisional couplers are working properly. Here's my problem:

From top to bottom, I'd like my keyboards to be displayed: Swell, Great, Choir, Pedal.

On the standard keyboard page, the keyboards are labeled as (top to bottom) Choir, Great, Swell, Pedal). However, the great stops affect the bottom keyboard (labeled as the Swell), and the Swell stops affect the middle keyboard (labeled as Great). (The labels I'm talking about the standard labels which appear by default by setting the general paramater in the general table to "Y" to display standard keyboard page). The Choir and Pedal divisions operate correctly (but the Choir is on the top, not the bottom).

In my custom keyboards page, I've also got the keyboards, the keyboard are layed out as: Great, Swell, Choir, Pedal (Despite the fact that in the CustomDisplay_keyboard_Ypos is set so the y coordinates are (top to bottom) Swell, Great, Choir and Pedal). Again, the Great and Swell are reversed.

The couplers (ie swell to pedal), actually brings the great to pedal. The Great to Pedal (for example) actually brings the Swell to pedal. The Choir and Pedal couplers work fine.

As far as I can figure, I've somehow managed to flip/invert the Great and Swell divisions. Currently, the Pedal is Division 1, The Great is division 2, Swell division 3, and the Choir is division 4.

Can anyone help me figuure out what I've done wrong?

Thanks in advance.

Kevin

wurlitzerwilly

Re: Divisional woes

PostSun Aug 23, 2009 5:05 pm

ns_organist wrote:Hello everyone,

I'm having a problem (I believe) with the divisional definitions for a custom organ. The organ file loads fine, but I can't get the keyboards page (either the standard version, or a custom display page) to place the keyboards correctly. Simmililarly, none of my divisional couplers are working properly. Here's my problem:

From top to bottom, I'd like my keyboards to be displayed: Swell, Great, Choir, Pedal.

On the standard keyboard page, the keyboards are labeled as (top to bottom) Choir, Great, Swell, Pedal). However, the great stops affect the bottom keyboard (labeled as the Swell), and the Swell stops affect the middle keyboard (labeled as Great). (The labels I'm talking about the standard labels which appear by default by setting the general paramater in the general table to "Y" to display standard keyboard page). The Choir and Pedal divisions operate correctly (but the Choir is on the top, not the bottom).

In my custom keyboards page, I've also got the keyboards, the keyboard are layed out as: Great, Swell, Choir, Pedal (Despite the fact that in the CustomDisplay_keyboard_Ypos is set so the y coordinates are (top to bottom) Swell, Great, Choir and Pedal). Again, the Great and Swell are reversed.

The couplers (ie swell to pedal), actually brings the great to pedal. The Great to Pedal (for example) actually brings the Swell to pedal. The Choir and Pedal couplers work fine.

As far as I can figure, I've somehow managed to flip/invert the Great and Swell divisions. Currently, the Pedal is Division 1, The Great is division 2, Swell division 3, and the Choir is division 4.

Can anyone help me figuure out what I've done wrong?

Thanks in advance.

Kevin

Hi Kevin.
I must admit to not normally using the standard keyboards pages, only my own custom pages.
I just tried using them and my findings are that my custom keyboards and the standard keyboards do correspond and the stops and couplers act on the correct divisions.
So I presume that my settings are correct. Assuming that keyboard 01 is the lowest (highest Y index) and keyboard 02 is the next above keyboard 01 and so-on with keyboard 04 being the highest (lowest Y index) then:
<DivisionCode>1</DivisionCode> = Pedals, Stops number starting 2000, Couplers number starting 1000
<DivisionCode>2</DivisionCode> = Keyboard 01, Stops number starting 2100, Couplers number starting 1100
<DivisionCode>3</DivisionCode> = Keyboard 02, Stops number starting 2200, Couplers number starting 1200
<DivisionCode>4</DivisionCode> = Keyboard 03, Stops number starting 2300, Couplers number starting 1300
<DivisionCode>5</DivisionCode> = Keyboard 04, Stops number starting 2400, Couplers number starting 1400

If you check against the above table, I think you'll find your error. This info is also in the CODM manual.
Regards,

Alan.
(Paramount Organ Works)

ns_organist

PostSun Aug 23, 2009 5:44 pm

Thanks Alan - that was my problem - I appreciate your help!

Kevin

wurlitzerwilly

PostSun Aug 23, 2009 7:49 pm

ns_organist wrote:Thanks Alan - that was my problem - I appreciate your help!

Kevin

Excellent. Glad to help. :D
Regards,

Alan.
(Paramount Organ Works)

Return to Custom Organ Design Module (CODM)