It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:08 am

A couple of questions about C.O.D.M

Using the CODM to create your own organ definitions, exchange CODM organ definitions, ...
  • Author

OPUS1883

A couple of questions about C.O.D.M

PostTue Sep 29, 2009 11:10 am

I was hoping someone may be able to answer a couple of questions for me about the C.O.D.M

I'm thinking about what computer to purchase, and initially i was looking at 16GB of memory, but as i am only making a 17 rank theatre organ, i am thinking that i may get away with 8GB with some memory to spare, in which i am hoping to use the 3/31 masterworks and the virginia wurlitzer (a few samples from each). When i create the C.O.D.M for my organ, can i make the glock and xylo tabs re-itterate, as in the masterworks 3/31... ? also, can i control such things as the re-itterate speed per note (ie: slower for the lower notes and faster for the higher notes)...?

Are all the samples still fully adjustable with regards to tuning, brightness, volume etc etc... as in the normal sample 3/31 sample set working with hauptwerk, and do i still get access to the quick adjustments such as the organ settings, general settings, audio engine etc... that appear at the top of the normal 3/31 screen.

This is all i can think of at the moment, as i have loads going through my head about the new set up...

Many thanks,

Chris

B. Milan

Site Admin

Re: A couple of questions about C.O.D.M

PostTue Sep 29, 2009 12:56 pm

Hello Chris,

With the CODM you can have reiterating percussive ranks, please see the CODM user guide at http://www.hauptwerk.com/documentation.

You can adjust tuning, brightness etc. using the voicing controls with the Advanced Edition of Hauptwerk, or you can use the parameters within the CODM format using features such as

<HarmonicShaping_PipeMIDINoteNum036_3rdAndUpperHarmLvlAdjDb>0</HarmonicShaping_PipeMIDINoteNum036_3rdAndUpperHarmLvlAdjDb>
<HarmonicShaping_PipeMIDINoteNum096_3rdAndUpperHarmLvlAdjDb>0</HarmonicShaping_PipeMIDINoteNum096_3rdAndUpperHarmLvlAdjDb>

These are all documented within the CODM user guide, so be sure to read through that and it should answer most of your questions.

I hope that helps.
Brett Milan
Owner
MILAN DIGITAL AUDIO

Return to Custom Organ Design Module (CODM)