It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:37 am

extend compass of Schnitger organ

Using the CODM to create your own organ definitions, exchange CODM organ definitions, ...
  • Author

cotrvt

extend compass of Schnitger organ

PostTue Oct 27, 2009 1:20 pm

Hi - I'd like to try to make it possible to play a D (two octaves above middle C) on my beautiful St. Peter & St. Paul Schnitger organ. I've read the couple of links re: this topic and the CODM material. Is there anyone out there who might share some knowledge, or point me in the right direction? Thank you.
Karen

B. Milan

Site Admin

Re: extend compass of Schnitger organ

PostTue Oct 27, 2009 9:04 pm

Hello Karen,

The best way to begin to learn the CODM is to use the example files included with Hauptwerk, then slowly change one setting at a time so you can learn how it works and what it does. The first step would be to copy an example file (by default located in C:\Hauptwerk\HauptwerkUserData\CustomOrganDefinitions) then paste it with a new name. Then begin by editing the file in a text or XML editor changing one rank to point to another organ rank from a different sample set and adjusting the settings appropriate for that rank and file paths.

Be sure to review the CODM user guide which explains all of the settings which are required:

www.hauptwerk.com/documentation

or by clicking in Hauptwerk the Help menu then choosing the CODM user guide in the listing there.
Brett Milan
Owner
MILAN DIGITAL AUDIO

cotrvt

Re: extend compass of Schnitger organ

PostThu Oct 29, 2009 5:59 am

Thanks Brett. I'll plunge in.
Karen

Return to Custom Organ Design Module (CODM)