It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:34 am

ShortcutPistons

Using the CODM to create your own organ definitions, exchange CODM organ definitions, ...
  • Author

bcollins

ShortcutPistons

PostTue Feb 02, 2010 1:03 am

I've never messed with ShortcutPiston (s) in the CODM. If a shortcut piston is defined to trigger a coupler, i.e. Great to Pedal, does the corresponding physical coupler (SAM) move to the on position?

And just to verify, these can be engaged by momentary contact? I.E. a non-latching piston?
I've been trying to find some actual ancient hitchdown couplers, but to no avail. So I may need to used standard momentary contact toe pistons if possible.
Bob Collins

mdyde

Re: ShortcutPistons

PostTue Feb 02, 2010 6:02 am

Hello Bob,

Yes - a CODM ShortcutPiston object defines a momentary virtual switch that toggles the state of a latching virtual switch (stop/coupler/tremulant). Hence if you have MIDI output configured for that latching virtual switch, then it will send its usual on/off messages when it's toggled. I.e. the result would be exactly the same as if you had toggled that virtual latching switch directly by clicking on it.

The ExampleCustomOrgan2.CustomOrgan.Hauptwerk.xml CODM ODF has some example ShortcutPiston objects to experiment with.

Hence the answers are:

I've never messed with ShortcutPiston (s) in the CODM. If a shortcut piston is defined to trigger a coupler, i.e. Great to Pedal, does the corresponding physical coupler (SAM) move to the on position?

Yes.

And just to verify, these can be engaged by momentary contact? I.E. a non-latching piston?

Yes.
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

Return to Custom Organ Design Module (CODM)