It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 11:06 pm

Using a Virtual Stop for MIDI Bank and Program Select

Using the CODM to create your own organ definitions, exchange CODM organ definitions, ...
  • Author

ianmcw

Using a Virtual Stop for MIDI Bank and Program Select

PostThu Feb 25, 2010 4:02 am

I want to use Hauptwerk in combination with an external MIDI sound module.

Modern MIDI sound modules have many banks of sounds which are accessible by sending MIDI Bank and Program select controllers. For example to select a particular sound (say a trumpet) requires the sound module to be sent a MIDI Bank MSB controller, a Bank LSB controller and a Program Controller.

On my Edirol keyboard I can assign a SINGLE key to send these THREE groups of information - so that I don't have to assign three different buttons (i.e one for Bank MSB, One for Bank LSB and another for the Program Number)

Is there a way of using the CODM to set up a SINGLE virtual stop in Hauptwerk to send a Bank MSB, Bank LSB and program select COMBINATION to an external MIDI sound module?

mdyde

Re: Using a Virtual Stop for MIDI Bank and Program Select

PostThu Feb 25, 2010 6:10 am

Hello Ian,

I think you could probably do that by entering the full string of MIDI bytes that you want to send in the sys-ex fields on the 'General settings | Switch MIDI outputs', then create a dummy stop in the CODM (with no ranks) and map it to that switch output with 'Organ settings | Connect organ switches to switch MIDI outputs'.
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

ianmcw

Re: Using a Virtual Stop for MIDI Bank and Program Select

PostThu Feb 25, 2010 2:17 pm

Thanks Martin,

I'll try that approach

Return to Custom Organ Design Module (CODM)