It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:11 pm

CODM and MYSQL. Do I need it to modify existing sample set

Using the CODM to create your own organ definitions, exchange CODM organ definitions, ...
  • Author

allencga

CODM and MYSQL. Do I need it to modify existing sample set

PostSat May 15, 2010 11:07 am

I have a 36 stop Willis sample set from Silver Octopus that appears to have been written in the most basic formats offered in CODM. I am interested in applying a custom appearance featuring traditional controls rather than the column style lists currently employed. The sample set already contains a blank two manual console view with no controls other than keyboards. Do I need any special third party applications such as MYSQL to implement the changes, or is it possible to do it directly in CODM? I am not changing sound or function, just appearance.
Allen

B. Milan

Site Admin

Re: CODM and MYSQL. Do I need it to modify existing sample set

PostSat May 15, 2010 11:47 am

Hello Allen,

You can just use the native CODM format to create your own version. This just requires a text editor or an XML editor of which there are many free versions available. Since you plan to simply update the layout and not add functionality the MySQL option wouldn't be worth it I feel since you would need to purchase a license from us and then learn the formatting which is much more involved than the CODM format. Thus, in my opinion, you are better off copying the current CODM file to a new file then editing that to create your own layout.
Brett Milan
Owner
MILAN DIGITAL AUDIO

Return to Custom Organ Design Module (CODM)