It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:46 am

Traps and ActionTypeCode

Using the CODM to create your own organ definitions, exchange CODM organ definitions, ...
  • Author

Don Springer

Traps and ActionTypeCode

PostThu Jul 29, 2010 1:05 pm

I am having a heck of a time with this trying to add traps to the pedal. If I leave it set to 1, I can get the cymbals to play on note 60 (24th pedal), but when I set it to 11 or 12, which appear in the manual to say that the sound should play from all notes, I get nothing on any note. I have tried all combintations of ActionTypeCode, and Action Effect Code. I suspect this has to do with identifying in the stoprank what note the trap is on, which in this case is 60, but I do not find reference to this in the manual. Anybody know?

B. Milan

Site Admin

Re: Traps and ActionTypeCode

PostThu Jul 29, 2010 2:24 pm

Hello Don,

I just set up a quick test. It does work as it should using codes 11 and 2. Most likely you forgot to change the following line:

<MIDINoteNumIncrementFromDivisionToRank>0</MIDINoteNumIncrementFromDivisionToRank>

if you change this to:

<MIDINoteNumIncrementFromDivisionToRank>60</MIDINoteNumIncrementFromDivisionToRank>

then it should work.

Note in the CODM guide that it states this number cannot be left at 0 for this type of action code:

If instead ActionTypeCode is a ‘... to one note’ type, then this setting
specifies the (single) destination note. For example a value of
60 would indicate that middle C would always be triggered.

So please change that entry then it should work as you need it to.

I hope that helps.
Brett Milan
Owner
MILAN DIGITAL AUDIO

Don Springer

Re: Traps and ActionTypeCode

PostThu Jul 29, 2010 2:56 pm

You are absolutely right. This would be so much easier if I could just learn to read! Cymbals are clanking now. Thank you again!

Hello Don,

No problem, glad it is working now!

Return to Custom Organ Design Module (CODM)