It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:24 am

Making RAR-package for CODM file

Using the CODM to create your own organ definitions, exchange CODM organ definitions, ...
  • Author

Martin_Dümig

Making RAR-package for CODM file

PostTue Aug 03, 2010 1:28 pm

Hello,

does anybody know whether it is possible to create a rar-package containing a CODM file, which will be installed in the right place by the Installer of HW? As far as i found out, the package may contain the following directories:

OrganInstallationPackages
OrganDefinitions

which resemble the subdirectories of Hauptwerk\HauptwerkSampleSetsAndComponents

Maybe the other subdirectories ImpulsResponses and Temperaments may also work. But is it possible to get files into the directory Hauptwerk\HauptwerkUserData\CustomOrganDefinitions ?

Thank you in advance - Martin Dümig
You can play Bach on every organ.

mdyde

Re: Making RAR-package for CODM file

PostTue Aug 03, 2010 1:37 pm

Hello Martin,

Hauptwerk's component installer can't currently (v3.30) install (non-compiled) CODM organ definitions, since they're considered to be user data files. We might add functionality to import/export them in the future.

Hence at present if creating a sample set you would need to supply the compiled 'full-format' ODF and/or the user would need to download and copy the CODM ODF manually. (Please contact us if you need any installation package IDs, organ IDs or temperament IDs allocated, since they must be globally unique.)

Maybe the other subdirectories ImpulsResponses and Temperaments may also work.

Files can be included with the Temperaments folder as well (but not currently ImpulseResponses).
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

Martin_Dümig

PostTue Aug 03, 2010 2:23 pm

Hello Martin,

thank you - i feared that CODM files are not so simple to install (must done by hand).

(Please contact us if you need any installation package IDs, organ IDs or temperament IDs allocated, since they must be globally unique.)

Aren't organ IDs and installation package IDs not the same? I already have a small range of organ IDs and temperament IDs allocated.

Thank you - Martin Dümig
You can play Bach on every organ.

mdyde

PostTue Aug 03, 2010 2:57 pm

Hello Martin,

Aren't organ IDs and installation package IDs not the same? I already have a small range of organ IDs and temperament IDs allocated.

No - they're distinct. Hence you'd need to contact Brett to be allocated your own range of package IDs if you don't have any of those and you want to create any installation packages for public distribution.
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

B. Milan

Site Admin

PostTue Aug 03, 2010 3:02 pm

You already do have a range of IDs allocated, so you may use these for distributing your custom files. The organ IDs and installation package IDs generally can share the same ranges, however there can be some cases where the installation package IDs will not share the same organ ID. I think Martin may have just misunderstood your question in that each organ must have a unique ID from another organ, but the ranges between organ IDs and installation package IDs can be the same or different so long as they are unique.
Brett Milan
Owner
MILAN DIGITAL AUDIO

Return to Custom Organ Design Module (CODM)