It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:56 am

Short Octave

Using the CODM to create your own organ definitions, exchange CODM organ definitions, ...
  • Author

javiersan

Short Octave

PostSat Sep 04, 2010 1:31 pm

For a French organ I like make a short octave, but I don't find information in the custom organ PDF file to do that.

Could someone help me please.

B. Milan

Site Admin

Re: Short Octave

PostSat Sep 04, 2010 2:05 pm

Hello javiersan,

In Hauptwerk 3 the CODM does not support the use of short octaves, you would need to use the full ODF format to manually create these. However Hauptwerk 4 will have an option to easily allow the use of short octaves for any sample set, so this should allow you to do what you wish with your CODM file.
Brett Milan
Owner
MILAN DIGITAL AUDIO

javiersan

PostMon Sep 06, 2010 1:41 pm

Then I have to wait the new HW 4

Thank you

pwhodges

PostTue Aug 20, 2013 3:30 pm

I was looking to see if the HW4 CODM could support a short octave, and could find no reference to it in the manual; so I came here to check, and found this thread.

To clarify, in my case I don't want to create a short octave keyboard, I want to use in a full keyboard a rank which (it turns out) was recorded from a real-life short octave, and completed by repeating the samples (at their original pitches) and specifying the necessary retuning in the organ definition.

I expect I'm out of luck, though.

pwhodges

PostWed Aug 21, 2013 5:35 am

I have told of an easy solution (which I have yet to try), by the author of Myco. Apparently, if I simply remove the files that are not at the required pitches before loading the CODM organ, HW will automatically transpose the neighbouring files as required. So then all I need to do is to make a batch file to move the affected files in or out of place before using either the original organ or the CODM version (or maybe once the organ is loaded I can leave the files in place anyway unless I need to reload it).

Return to Custom Organ Design Module (CODM)