It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:04 am

CODM & Monitor Format

Using the CODM to create your own organ definitions, exchange CODM organ definitions, ...
  • Author

Doug S.

CODM & Monitor Format

PostSun Dec 26, 2010 10:04 am

Can one, within CODM, change the widescreen format to non-wide of a CODM custom organ?
I just installed the wonderful Valasovo 3M and can't access some stops and all pistons.
Doug

Morse

Re: CODM & Monitor Format

PostSun Dec 26, 2010 10:28 am

Hi Doug,

I'm not sure what you mean by widescreen format as it pertains to the Velesovo 3M. That organ is formed in CODM and is designed to fit a standard 4:3 screen ratio. The resolution is 1272x893 which is somewhat more than 4:3 but should fit nicely on a 1280x1024 screen, which is almost standard now.
Al Morse

wurlitzerwilly

PostSun Dec 26, 2010 12:10 pm

Doug S. wrote:Can one, within CODM, change the widescreen format to non-wide of a CODM custom organ?
I just installed the wonderful Valasovo 3M and can't access some stops and all pistons.

Doug.

You can change the over-all screen size in the General table of the xml/CODM file. However, that would not change the placement of images, you would need to re-write all positioning as well.

We're told of changes in Hauptwerk 4, which suggest that it might do what you want.

Regards,

Alan.

Doug S.

PostSun Dec 26, 2010 12:25 pm

Thanks All,
I'm aware of the upcoming improvements in 4.0.
I have an older non-wide format touchscreen that doesn't support current resolution formats and was wondering it there was a way to modify the display of a CODM generated layout. I don't care if round goes eliptical so long as everything is viewable.
With 4.0 I plan to go basically headless and don't want to invest in a new monitor.
Doug

wurlitzerwilly

PostSun Dec 26, 2010 3:14 pm

Doug S. wrote:Thanks All,
I'm aware of the upcoming improvements in 4.0.
I have an older non-wide format touchscreen that doesn't support current resolution formats and was wondering it there was a way to modify the display of a CODM generated layout. I don't care if round goes eliptical so long as everything is viewable.
With 4.0 I plan to go basically headless and don't want to invest in a new monitor.

Doug.

The problem is not one of images appearing out of shape. If you change the resolution to a standard format screensize, the images will still appear correctly, but any that are near the edges of the screen will not be displayed.
If you take a widescreen format of (say) 1366 x 768 and change the ODF screen size to (say) 1280 x 1024, then any image that was 'placed' outside 1280 in the widescreen ODF, will not be seen. You would have to move it within the 1280 range.
If you plan to use an even older monitor that will only display at a max of 1024 x 768, then the problem is even worse, as any image over 1024 will not be displayed.
I don't think that Hauptwerk will throw an error if you exceed the set screen width with your image placement, unless the figures were wildly out of range.

If you're not sure what will work, then I suggest making a backup copy of your widescreen XML file for the CODM and change its filename, then change the screen size in the Custom ODF header and try it. As it's a CODM file already, it's ID should be in the 'User Range' so you can simply create a new file from the backup, with a new ID of your choice and a different output filename.

Regards,

Alan.

Doug S.

PostSun Dec 26, 2010 4:44 pm

Alan,
You sound experienced. I've never delved into CODM, but what I've seen done by users is truely impressive. Can you point me to the file location? Meanwhile I'll hunker down with the user manual.
Doug
Doug

mdyde

PostSun Dec 26, 2010 4:53 pm

Hello Doug,

The CODM user guide covers where to find the CODM files, as well as how to load them, etc.
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

wurlitzerwilly

PostMon Dec 27, 2010 4:18 pm

mdyde wrote:Hello Doug,

The CODM user guide covers where to find the CODM files, as well as how to load them, etc.

Thanks Martin.

I would add to that - whatever else you do, make a backup of the example files, before you start.
You can retrieve them, but it would mean a re-install.

Regards,

Alan.

Return to Custom Organ Design Module (CODM)