It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:10 pm

CODM stops working

Using the CODM to create your own organ definitions, exchange CODM organ definitions, ...
  • Author

wurlitzerwilly

CODM stops working

PostSun Oct 30, 2011 6:53 am

I have been using the CODM as a quick way to place organ images and every so often the CODM fails to load my xml file.
It puts up the usual "Please wait" window, which quickly disappears, just leaving the usual (organ not loaded) Hauptwerk screen. It does not go through the normal compiling/loading procedure with its associated window.
I can load any organ in the usual ways, but on directly loading (not via the CODM) the custom organ I was working on, it's clear that the CODM has not re-compiled, so the previous version is loaded.
This happens perhaps in every 10 - 20 or so CODM loads. I didn't keep a record of the failure interval, but it has happened several times.
I've checked the activity log and I can't see anything unusual listed there.
I have a temporary fix which is to reload Hauptwerk, then it works as normal. I do not need to alter the xml file in any way.
Hauptwerk will then behave perfectly for a while, then fail again on a CODM load. Restart Hauptwerk, status quo restored - ad infinitum. :)
Regards,

Alan.
(Paramount Organ Works)

mdyde

Re: CODM stops working

PostSun Oct 30, 2011 8:06 am

Hello Alan,

Please send us:

- A diagnostic file.
- Your CODM ODF.
- Any images and any tremulant waveforms needed for that CODM ODF so that I can load your CODM ODF with no ranks enabled.

Hopefully I should then be able to reproduce it here and see what's causing it. Thanks.
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

wurlitzerwilly

PostSun Oct 30, 2011 8:16 am

mdyde wrote:Hello Alan,

Please send us:

- A diagnostic file.
- Your CODM ODF.
- Any images and any tremulant waveforms needed for that CODM ODF so that I can load your CODM ODF with no ranks enabled.

Hopefully I should then be able to reproduce it here and see what's causing it. Thanks.

Thanks Martin, Will do.
Regards,

Alan.
(Paramount Organ Works)

mdyde

PostMon Oct 31, 2011 10:45 am

Thanks, Alan.

I've finally found the problem - if you invoke the Custom Organ Design Module compiler more than about 65 times without exiting Hauptwerk then eventually an internal list is becoming filled and it stops working until you re-launch Hauptwerk. (Phew - that took a long time to reproduce and track down!)

My apologies for the bug (which it seems has existed since Hauptwerk v2.00). We'll aim to fix it for the forthcoming Hauptwerk v4.0.1 but in the meantime the work-around is simply to exit Hauptwerk and re-launch it when that happens.
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

wurlitzerwilly

PostMon Oct 31, 2011 3:08 pm

mdyde wrote:Thanks, Alan.

I've finally found the problem - if you invoke the Custom Organ Design Module compiler more than about 65 times without exiting Hauptwerk then eventually an internal list is becoming filled and it stops working until you re-launch Hauptwerk. (Phew - that took a long time to reproduce and track down!)

My apologies for the bug (which it seems has existed since Hauptwerk v2.00). We'll aim to fix it for the forthcoming Hauptwerk v4.0.1 but in the meantime the work-around is simply to exit Hauptwerk and re-launch it when that happens.

Thanks Martin.

Yes, I also found it a piggy to reproduce. :)

It's no big deal to re-launch Hauptwerk, but glad it will be fixed at some time.

In case anyone's wondering why you would invoke the CODM 65 times in succession, when placing and moving complex image arrays, it's really easy to exceed 65.
Regards,

Alan.
(Paramount Organ Works)

Return to Custom Organ Design Module (CODM)