It is currently Mon May 13, 2024 9:23 pm

Distributing Combinations with Organ created by the CODM

Using the CODM to create your own organ definitions, exchange CODM organ definitions, ...
  • Author

ggoode_sa

Distributing Combinations with Organ created by the CODM

PostTue Dec 13, 2011 1:34 pm

Hi,

Is there a way that one can incorporate combination settings in a RAR installer? I have created a CODM based organ, played it in HW and created combinations settings, and I would now like to send my combinations out with the release and don't know how.

Thanks,
GrahamG

B. Milan

Site Admin

Re: Distributing Combinations with Organ created by the CODM

PostTue Dec 13, 2011 1:53 pm

Hello Graham,

Hauptwerk doesn't have the means to install combination sets by the component installer (currently only sample sets and temperaments can be installed by this method). Also the CODM does not have the option to "embed" default combinations like the full ODF format does. Thus if you wanted to distribute a combination set you would need to include a saved combination set file from your installation as you intend it to be, then have users import it using the Hauptwerk 4 'Registration | Import combination set...' menu option.

This would require that a user first save the combination set to their computer (in a non-archived format , i.e. the xml file itself just as Hauptwerk saves it). Once done the user can them perform the import option once the organ is loaded.

I hope that helps.
Brett Milan
Owner
MILAN DIGITAL AUDIO

ggoode_sa

PostTue Dec 13, 2011 1:57 pm

Hi Martin,

Ok, so no automatic way of doing it. I'll then write a quick 'help' section in the info doc and embed a zip with the combinations xml there. (Mmaybe there is a feature request here....? A way to install a combination xml with a sample set.)

Thanks,
GrahamG

mdyde

PostTue Dec 13, 2011 3:21 pm

Hello Graham,

(Mmaybe there is a feature request here....? A way to install a combination xml with a sample set.)

I'll log it as an enhancement request.
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

Return to Custom Organ Design Module (CODM)