Search:
Submit Search

Limiting number of tones in old CODM format

Using the CODM to create your own organ definitions, exchange CODM organ definitions, ...

Limiting number of tones in old CODM format

Postby rbonkie » Mon Jan 02, 2012 3:20 pm

Hi,

I have a hybrid organ connected to hauptwerk for playing the notes I miss on my real pipe organ. For example I have a Bourdon without the last great octave. I have edited for now the St Annes for the Lieblich Gedackt so that it plays only the Great Oktave with following settings under stoprank:
<NumberOfMappedDivisionKeys>14</NumberOfMappedDivisionKeys>

Because the St Annes is quite wet, i would like to do the same to the Brut-Leuchten organ which is much more dry. Only this CODM file has another format:
<o><a>2004</a><d>4</d><f>1</f><g>1</g><b>Stop: 004_Gedackt 8</b><i>32</i></o>
With what command can I limit this stoprank to 14 keys?

Is there a document that descripes this other format?

Thanks,

Richard Bonkestoter
The Netherlands
rbonkie

Re: Limiting number of tones in old CODM format

Postby B. Milan » Tue Jan 03, 2012 12:01 am

Hello Richard,

You would need to tick the option to 'Disable auto-compacting of organ definitions?' under General settings | General preferences | Advanced preferences to view the un-compacted ODF. Otherwise the compacted version will be shown (which allows faster loading and uses less memory). Load the ODF after ticking that option, then once Hauptwerk shuts down the new ODF should be generated in full format so you can view the full text options and edit as required.
Regards,
Brett Milan
http://www.hauptwerk.com
http://www.milandigitalaudio.com
Send Email

Site Admin

Postby mdyde » Tue Jan 03, 2012 9:51 am

Hello Richard,

To add to Brett's post, I think you must actually be looking in the 'full-format' Brut-Leuchten organ definition files, rather than a Custom Organ Design Organ (CODM) organ definition file (ODF). CODM ODFs are designed to be user-editable, but not 'full-format' ODFs. CODM ODFs are never compacted.

The 'NumberOfMappedDivisionKeys' setting is a CODM ODF setting that has no direct (simple) 'full-format' ODF equivalent.

Hence if you wanted to change that setting you would probably need to get the CODM ODF for that sample set. I'm not sure whether it's available for download somewhere from Bob Collins (its maker)'s website:

http://zionorgan.com/samplesets/Brut-LeuchtenOrgel/

... but if not it might be best to contact Bob directly to see if he can send you.
Best regards,
Martin.

[Please use email or the Contact page if you need to contact us privately, rather than private forum messages.]

mdyde

Postby rbonkie » Wed Jan 04, 2012 12:22 pm

Thank you guys for your reply. I will try both suggestions.

Richard
rbonkie

Postby rbonkie » Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:12 pm

For your info, Brett was right. I copied the original organ definition file and edited that one. After editing I copied it over the one in hauptwerk. This way I can edit the way I need and load it in Hauptwerk.

Thanks again for your help
rbonkie

Return to Custom Organ Design Module (CODM)