It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:17 am

One switch turn on

Building organ consoles for use with Hauptwerk, adding MIDI to existing consoles, obtaining parts, ...
  • Author

ljhutchens

Re: One switch turn on

PostThu Aug 27, 2015 3:05 am

MikeDC wrote:Here's how mine works.<br abp="695"><br abp="696">Extended the momentary on/off switch from the computer to the console. That becomes the Main switch.<br abp="697"><br abp="698">1. Power on Computer using extended switch.<br abp="699">2. Computer sends 12V trigger to Belkin A/V power center with immediate and delayed outlets.<br abp="700">3. Belkin powers up RME Audio Interface, MOTU MIDI hub, and headphone amp.<br abp="701">4. Belkin powers up organ 12v power supply which powers all circuit boards and provides power for SAMs.<br abp="702">5. A second momentary switch uses HW "Power down computer" function to turn off PC which turns off Belkin.<br abp="703"><br abp="704">Since I rarely use external audio, it is on it's own switch which powers up a Furman power sequencer which cycles on all the powered speakers and subwoofer.<br abp="705"><br abp="706">(If I wanted to external audio to come on all the time, all I would do is extend another 12v trigger to the Furman.)<br abp="707"><br abp="708">Mike

I am slightly confused. I understand everything but the last step. Do you have a separate switch to turn the computer off? How do you make a momentary switch go to the HW "power off computer or shut down the computer"?

TheOrganDoc

PostThu Aug 27, 2015 12:32 pm

I have a similar setup to those below,
except that I have a spare "Toe Stud",
linked by HW, to "Hauptwerk's Onscreen Computer-Shut-Down Button".
After I see that the Computer has shutdown properly via red bar the monitor's screen,
I then turn off the
"First power switch that feeds the computer, and most of the hardware". __(Also used to cycle the organ on)__
"All my Console Lights are on the second power switch" !
"The third switch turns on all my Speakers separately",
since we live in a condo, and I have to be reasonable with our neighbors, & Wife-y ! :D

> I use my AKG headphones most of the time < ! :roll:

---"The triple switch" is mounted in a proper junction Box, installed in and under, the Right Key Cheek.---

P.S. ---(The first switch does (after a while) make the organ playable !)---
Best wishes, Mel
Mel..............TheOrganDoc...............

magnaton

PostThu Aug 27, 2015 1:27 pm

Here is another alternative:

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=F7C01008q

You can get 2 of these, 1 for for amps or powered monitors and the other for everything else. Then mount the 2 remote wireless switches somewhere. Kind like the older pipe organ consoles where you had 2 switches; 1 for the blower and1 for the DC generator or rectifier (power).
Previous

Return to DIY organ consoles / MIDI