It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:36 am

Schober console conversion

Building organ consoles for use with Hauptwerk, adding MIDI to existing consoles, obtaining parts, ...
  • Author

organtechnology

Re: Schober console conversion

PostWed Feb 17, 2016 12:21 pm

eajohnson wrote:Just a note on Schober pedalboards----

I converted a Recital to MIDI and tried to use the original pedal keyswitches but gave up. I converted to reed switches using a kit from Peterson. Easy to install and solved all keying problems.

However, the pressure needed to depress a pedal seemed very light so a few weeks ago I added some pedal springs for the front of the pedals (before there were only the flat springs in back) and it made a world of difference! They were easier to install than I thought they would be, well worth the time.

I have a Recital just waiting for this solution. Can you tell me, either here or in a PM, what springs you used and their source and part number? I will order them today.

Thomas
Complete Hauptwerk™ systems using real wood consoles, PC Sound Engines, Dante Audio for Home or Church. info (at) organtechnology.com http://www.organtechnology.com
Authorized Hauptwerk; Milan Digital Audio and Lavender Audio reseller.
USA and Canada shipments only.

engrssc

PostWed Feb 17, 2016 1:37 pm

organtechnology wrote:I have a Recital just waiting for this solution. Can you tell me, either here or in a PM, what springs you used and their source and part number? I will order them today.

Also interested

Rgds,
Ed

coxrg

PostThu Feb 18, 2016 1:58 am

Me too!

Thanks,
Bob

eajohnson

PostThu Feb 18, 2016 2:17 pm

Hi all

I got them from Klann Organ Supply, klannorgan.com

Download their catalog from the website and you will find front pedal springs on page 10.

Klann is not generally a supplier to hobbyists but they will supply the odd part if it doesn't interfere with their business with commercial organ builders. I found them quite nice to work with (I talked with Sandy from their sales dept) and they shipped the parts within a day of ordering. I sent them an email using their contact page asking about availability and they mailed back with price and availability and info on ordering. Could probably do it over the phone as well.

If you would like a photo of how I installed them I can do that. Not at all difficult to do and well worth it.
Owner of an old Schober homebuilt, midified and Hauptwerkified.

organtechnology

PostThu Feb 18, 2016 11:28 pm

eajohnson wrote:If you would like a photo of how I installed them I can do that. Not at all difficult to do and well worth it.

That would be great! Thanks.

Thomas
Complete Hauptwerk™ systems using real wood consoles, PC Sound Engines, Dante Audio for Home or Church. info (at) organtechnology.com http://www.organtechnology.com
Authorized Hauptwerk; Milan Digital Audio and Lavender Audio reseller.
USA and Canada shipments only.
Previous

Return to DIY organ consoles / MIDI