It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:50 pm

Do you service older Rodgers pedals? See pic

Building organ consoles for use with Hauptwerk, adding MIDI to existing consoles, obtaining parts, ...
  • Author

ChangedForever

Do you service older Rodgers pedals? See pic

PostSun Sep 27, 2015 12:24 pm

Got my PIC-1 wired up and ohmed out - all reed switches work fine :mrgreen: . Now I need to mount the reedswitch mounting plate actually to the pedal board itself instead of a console (because I don't have a console yet - shouldn't be that difficult in my workshop....).

So.... the way I understand it (not having the pleasure of actually SEEING a real Rodgers product :oops: ), the reed plate is most likely hung on the console (I took three hanger brackets off the reed switch side of the plate) and on a normal installation, the Rodgers pedal board is scooted up TO the board and the black spacers keeps it at the correct distance from the plate when combined with the two guide plates on each side of the pedals keeping it aligned horizontally; if this is the case, when all is mounted, the reeds actually face AWAY from the pedals, right? (I can't imaging how all the wiring can be FACING the pedals).

Okay.... I took a pic of this scenario with "the plate" flush up against the 2 black spacers.... seems to me those flat magnets must be PRETTY STRONG to reach across the gap and flip the reeds when the pedal is pressed down..... if you service / build / repair these pretty frequently can you confirm the space I've recorded at the site below? I would think there is a "sweet spot" in here somewhere... to CLOSE to the switches and they'll never "release" and to far away won't activate anything - I imagine the Rodgers engineers have got this "space" pretty much down to a science and it works?..... Thanks...... :D

http://www.build-it.onmyfacebeforehim.c ... edals.html

johnh

Re: Do you service older Rodgers pedals? See pic

PostSun Sep 27, 2015 2:43 pm

What vintage is your Rodgers? Check out this post on another forum:

http://jorgan.999862.n4.nabble.com/Electronics-question-tp3954592p3980444.html

ChangedForever

Re: Do you service older Rodgers pedals? See pic

PostSun Sep 27, 2015 3:14 pm

Johnh,

Thanks for the link to jOrgan - looks like my pedalboard must be from a 70's vintage Rodgers; one magnet per pedal. Looks like what I figured was correct - reed switches TOWARDS the console; just wanted to make sure before I wasted an hour make a mounting plate to attach the reed plate to; which I have finished... works fine on an ohmmeter (all switches open unless a pedal pressed, then that pedal continuity drops to zero); hope it lasts a long time!

Wish me luck,
Mark

Return to DIY organ consoles / MIDI