It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:59 am

I'm scaring myself - need help from a pro

Building organ consoles for use with Hauptwerk, adding MIDI to existing consoles, obtaining parts, ...
  • Author

ChangedForever

I'm scaring myself - need help from a pro

PostSat Oct 03, 2015 12:51 pm

Alright... things are moving right along (despite having my first 'bout with the flu this season)....

Just got my pic-1 operational and midi signals are being sent from the pedalboard - will check it out later today if I can drag the Rodgers pedal board to the other end of the house from the shop. I'm shocked - It doesn't smoke and the blinkie lights work as designed!! Thanks, Joe, at Design Tech Systems :wink: !

Now working on the 3 new Rodgers pedals. Trying to find the wiper terminal for getting these mounted and wired properly; have a red, yellow and green wire; yellow is terminal 2. I found the model number on the pot - 6639S and googled it to instantly find this - ( http://www.mouser.com/ds/2/54/6539-346704.pdf ). It seems terminal @ 2 is "the wiper". Could you all take a peek at this and confirm? I don't like smoke.... especially in my house!.... :shock:

Thanks,
Mark

murph

Re: I'm scaring myself - need help from a pro

PostSat Oct 03, 2015 1:31 pm

Hi Mark,
terminal 2 is the wiper. The +V/earth connections are 3 and 1. Which is which depends on the orientation of the pot in the pedal. Try it and see would be the best advice I can give. (or just wire them the same and tell HW to invert things if it's wrong?)

Tony

ChangedForever

PostSat Oct 03, 2015 6:49 pm

murph,

kool beans.... looks like I'm on the right track - thanks for the confirmation :lol: !!

1961TC4ME

PostMon Oct 05, 2015 2:20 pm

murph wrote: Try it and see would be the best advice I can give. (or just wire them the same and tell HW to invert things if it's wrong?)

Tony

That is one of the GREAT things about HW. I robbed the modulation wheels / pots out of a couple M-Audio keyboard for my swell and crescendo pedals, in both cases they turned out to be functioning backwards. Just click the 'invert' box and viola! All working just fine! 8)

Marc

Return to DIY organ consoles / MIDI