It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:24 am

Viscount Chorale 2 - Pedal board wiring?

Building organ consoles for use with Hauptwerk, adding MIDI to existing consoles, obtaining parts, ...
  • Author

Vivaldi

Viscount Chorale 2 - Pedal board wiring?

PostTue Nov 24, 2015 4:25 am

Gooday everyody.

I searched the forum but could not find the answers I am looking for - I got my hands on a new Viscount Chorale 2 kit, everthing is there, including the ribbon cable to the pedals - BUT the actual sensors/magnets for the pedals are missing.

So not to make a long story, the ribbon cable that is suppose to plug in on the pedals are a ribbon cable with 14 connections (7*2)

Can ANYNODY assit me with some technical information to assist met to build my own censors/midi interface for the pedals, is it MIDI/Matrix, ANY assistance would be greatly appreciated.

I did pick up a tread about a 14 connection ribbon cable - but I am desperetally looking for a diagram how to connect these 14 wires to a standerd midi interface?

Regards
Vivaldi

engrssc

Re: Viscount Chorale 2 - Pedal board wiring?

PostWed Nov 25, 2015 5:32 am

Vivaldi wrote:I did pick up a tread about a 14 connection ribbon cable - but I am desperetally looking for a diagram how to connect these 14 wires to a standerd midi interface?

Unfortunately, there is no standard when it comes to a MIDI interface wiring be it an encoder or a decoder. The various manufacturers each do it their own way.

Rgds,
Ed

Return to DIY organ consoles / MIDI