It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:22 am

Finally Starting My Console

Building organ consoles for use with Hauptwerk, adding MIDI to existing consoles, obtaining parts, ...
  • Author

adamsih300u

Re: Finally Starting My Console

PostFri Jan 27, 2017 8:58 am

I do; in order to get the right look I shave off overhanging plastic key components with a Dremel and shape the keys with sandpaper or a file. It's not perfect, but it is inexpensive and looks fine from any distance, especially once the piston rails are in place.

1961TC4ME

PostFri Jan 27, 2017 11:03 am

Here's something that should prove quite useful. I did basically the exact same thing, my key cheeks and each key board are separate from each other as it appears to be the case here. I simply stacked each separate key board with cheeks arrangement on top of each other, so this is how you do it with with the 61es keys.

http://www.familjenpalo.se/vpo/new-manuals

Marc

zmjm16

PostFri Feb 24, 2017 1:17 pm

Marc, thanks for the info, what were the Height of the key cheeks?, I did mine to 2.5" high, but am having a clearance problem with the M-Audio 61es keyboards? Anyone? the height of the key checks to support M-Audio 61es keyboards? Mine is a three manual

1961TC4ME

PostFri Mar 03, 2017 12:01 am

Sorry I didn't see your question right away. According to my measurements you're an 1/8" short. Overall height of the key cheeks from bottom to top is 2-5/8" and using a 3/4" mounting base, measuring from the bottom of the 61es base where they mount to the top of the key cheeks gives you a height of 1-7/8". This results in the surface of the naturals being just a hair short of flush with the top of the key cheeks which is what I wanted, but of course can all be altered depending on your preference.

Marc
Previous

Return to DIY organ consoles / MIDI