It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:16 am

pedamidikit manuals

Building organ consoles for use with Hauptwerk, adding MIDI to existing consoles, obtaining parts, ...
  • Author

falcon1

pedamidikit manuals

PostTue Sep 06, 2016 12:31 pm

Does someone has experience of the manuals from pedamidikit.org ?

rtucker9

Re: pedamidikit manuals

PostWed Sep 28, 2016 5:47 am

Hi Falcon1, good day. I have bought from Pedamidikit.org and recommend them. The man I bought it from at pedamidkit was Allesandro Alfieri, and all told I spent about $1300 for a 32 note radiating pedalboard, comes unassembled from Italy, but very easy to assemble. All I needed was some screwdrivers and some organ shoes (well, and an organ bench as well) :) You can see a picture of my pedalboard if you go to this link

viewtopic.php?f=21&t=15396

Please let me know if I can answer any other question!

fermata

PostWed Nov 09, 2016 5:29 pm

I almost bought a BDO pedalboard from Alessandro, too, but in the end, I chickened out. I was too scared that I would not be able to assemble it myself. Your pedalboard looks beautiful, and I love the arced board at the top, above the sharps, it's a nice finishing detail. You could have bought the pedal shoes from Alessandro, too. Are you located in the States, rtucker? How did the shipping/customs/import duties work out?

scottherbert

PostSun Nov 13, 2016 9:24 am

fermata, if I may, since you have so many concerns, perhaps you should consider spending the few extra $ to get your keyboards and pedalboard from Classic Midi Works in Canada. I have no ties with them other than that's where I got my system. Shipping isn't cheap, but it comes assembled, plugs together, and works right off. Easy peasy, rice and cheasy! There's a lot to be said for that kind of completeness and compatability, as well as ease. No adapters, no compatability issues, and it's designed for Hauptwerk!

Just my 2 cents,
~Scott
"Life is just a dream, it is in death that we truly awaken!"

johnsf

PostSat Nov 04, 2017 8:24 pm

rtucker,
I'm looking at pedamidikit pedal boards too, and wonder if you think yours is sturdy enough to stand on its side against a wall when not in use (I have a tight space that I share). I'm looking at the BDO, so I think this would be less awkward than the radiating AGO to do this with length of pedals parallel to the floor. Perhaps it would sturdy enough if I glued it together in addition to the screws? Thinking about bench options too. What were you using in the picture? Did you ever find something more permanent?

Return to DIY organ consoles / MIDI