Search:
Submit Search

pedamidikit manuals

Building organ consoles for use with Hauptwerk, adding MIDI to existing consoles, obtaining parts, ...

pedamidikit manuals

Postby falcon1 » Tue Sep 06, 2016 1:31 pm

Does someone has experience of the manuals from pedamidikit.org ?
falcon1

Re: pedamidikit manuals

Postby rtucker9 » Wed Sep 28, 2016 6:47 am

Hi Falcon1, good day. I have bought from Pedamidikit.org and recommend them. The man I bought it from at pedamidkit was Allesandro Alfieri, and all told I spent about $1300 for a 32 note radiating pedalboard, comes unassembled from Italy, but very easy to assemble. All I needed was some screwdrivers and some organ shoes (well, and an organ bench as well) :) You can see a picture of my pedalboard if you go to this link

viewtopic.php?f=21&t=15396

Please let me know if I can answer any other question!
rtucker9

Postby fermata » Wed Nov 09, 2016 6:29 pm

I almost bought a BDO pedalboard from Alessandro, too, but in the end, I chickened out. I was too scared that I would not be able to assemble it myself. Your pedalboard looks beautiful, and I love the arced board at the top, above the sharps, it's a nice finishing detail. You could have bought the pedal shoes from Alessandro, too. Are you located in the States, rtucker? How did the shipping/customs/import duties work out?
fermata

Postby scottherbert » Sun Nov 13, 2016 10:24 am

fermata, if I may, since you have so many concerns, perhaps you should consider spending the few extra $ to get your keyboards and pedalboard from Classic Midi Works in Canada. I have no ties with them other than that's where I got my system. Shipping isn't cheap, but it comes assembled, plugs together, and works right off. Easy peasy, rice and cheasy! There's a lot to be said for that kind of completeness and compatability, as well as ease. No adapters, no compatability issues, and it's designed for Hauptwerk!

Just my 2 cents,
~Scott
"Life is just a dream, it is in death that we truly awaken!"
scottherbert

Postby johnsf » Sat Nov 04, 2017 9:24 pm

rtucker,
I'm looking at pedamidikit pedal boards too, and wonder if you think yours is sturdy enough to stand on its side against a wall when not in use (I have a tight space that I share). I'm looking at the BDO, so I think this would be less awkward than the radiating AGO to do this with length of pedals parallel to the floor. Perhaps it would sturdy enough if I glued it together in addition to the screws? Thinking about bench options too. What were you using in the picture? Did you ever find something more permanent?
johnsf

Return to DIY organ consoles / MIDI