Search:
Submit Search

Midifying Swell Pedals

Building organ consoles for use with Hauptwerk, adding MIDI to existing consoles, obtaining parts, ...

Re: Midifying Swell Pedals

Postby FJL » Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:37 am

Just in case, I went with the Arndt. It fits the Moller pedal and connects easily to the Classic pedalboard. As it tuns out, Arndt have a whole line of Midi boards for Hauptwerk, which was new to me (no, I don't work for them). Thanks again everyone for your help.
FJL

Postby BachsFugue » Fri Mar 31, 2017 7:49 pm

Thomas states,
That slider from Arndt is designed to work with their pedals and is a bit short for an Allen, Rodgers or Klann pedal. Especially when you attach them to the end of the pedal.

His statement is accurate, but Arndt clearly lets the buyer know that you should make sure "the connection stem is 2 3/4 inches [~70 mm] from the center of the swell shoe pivot."

I have four of them in my setup. They work well, but installing them was very tight. I worked and reworked my expression assembly to make the Arndt assemblies fit. The use of an RJ11 port, jack, and connected cable obviated soldering, but the placement and the very, very thin wire gauge of the cable made the job (for me) much more tedious. But I finished the task and use the pedals today.
Cole Votaw -- Springfield, Ohio, USA
BachsFugue

Postby FJL » Fri Mar 31, 2017 8:25 pm

Yes, I also needed to adjust and readjust but at the end it works very well.
FJL

Postby TheOrganDoc » Sat Apr 01, 2017 9:35 pm

Hi Ed, "eye see Terminals 1-2 and 3" , what do U See ? :roll:

engrssc wrote:The Spark Fun large slide 10K pot appears to only have 2 terminals or did I miss one?
I do see 3 on the data sheet. :?:

https://www.sparkfun.com/products/9119

Rgds,
Ed
Mel..............TheOrganDoc...............
TheOrganDoc

Previous

Return to DIY organ consoles / MIDI