It is currently Sat May 11, 2024 5:46 pm

midifing old Johannus console

Building organ consoles for use with Hauptwerk, adding MIDI to existing consoles, obtaining parts, ...
  • Author

costasnicolaidis

midifing old Johannus console

PostMon Apr 24, 2017 6:17 am

Hi everybody, I would like to convert this old Johannus console to use with Hauptwerk for our Evangelical church in Thessaloniki Greece.
Any advice would be appreciated.
I am thinking to use the 2 existing keyboards? How?
and I suppose I can midify the pedal board plus the two swell pedals ..any ideas??
Thanks Costas

I can't load any photos. Can someone tell me how to?

organtechnology

Re: midifing old Johannus console

PostMon Apr 24, 2017 10:00 am

costasnicolaidis wrote:Hi everybody, I would like to convert this old Johannus console to use with Hauptwerk for our Evangelical church in Thessaloniki Greece.
Any advice would be appreciated.
I am thinking to use the 2 existing keyboards? How?
and I suppose I can midify the pedal board plus the two swell pedals ..any ideas??
Thanks Costas

I can't load any photos. Can someone tell me how to?

As for the Johannus organ. I would strip out ALL of the Johannus circuitry and reduce the wiring on both keyboards to one set of 61 wires+common rail. Discard the pistons and their wood rail and build new ones like the blank ones and redrill them for organ pistons. Some Johannus had magnetic pedal boards and some had switch type pedal boards but either way strip the switch panel down to 33 wires. Get the HWCE, the keymuxx64 and bo16x4 modules from Midi Botique and rewire the keyboards, pedal board, expression pedals and all pistons to the HWCE. Now you have a nice MIDI console and can add a computer, audio interface and amplifiers/speakers.

Here is Brett's tutorial on how to post photos.
viewtopic.php?f=21&t=9797&p=72864&hilit=Posting+Photos#p72864

Best regards,

Thomas
Complete Hauptwerk™ systems using real wood consoles, PC Sound Engines, Dante Audio for Home or Church. info (at) organtechnology.com http://www.organtechnology.com
Authorized Hauptwerk; Milan Digital Audio and Lavender Audio reseller.
USA and Canada shipments only.

Return to DIY organ consoles / MIDI