Search:
Submit Search

Pedal board pointers.

Building organ consoles for use with Hauptwerk, adding MIDI to existing consoles, obtaining parts, ...

Pedal board pointers.

Postby pblais » Wed Apr 26, 2017 2:13 pm

Hi,
My name is Pierre. I am fairly new to the forum but not new to Hauptwerk and/or virtual keyboards. I recently
extracted a 13-pedal pedal board from a home organ that the owner was sending to the dump. I plan have two MIDI swell pedals and a few 30mm illuminated LED arcade buttons for things like octave up and down and other "piston" related organ functions.

I have a decent wood shop and would like to build this out of wood. What I am looking for is some kind of inspiration. If some of you fine pedal board makers could point me in the direction of some of your projects or other's projects that I could learn from, it would be greatly appreciated. I have seen many construction projects for full pedal boards that where the pedals go completely under the bench. This is not what I am building. Something small and compact if possible

Thank you in advance
Pierre
pblais

Re: Pedal board pointers.

Postby engrssc » Wed Apr 26, 2017 2:18 pm

One consideration is how you plan to play the pedals which, in part, would determine the length of the naturals. Playing toe - heel would require longer while toe only you could get by with shorter.

Rgds,
Ed
engrssc

Re: Pedal board pointers.

Postby pblais » Wed Apr 26, 2017 2:32 pm

engrssc wrote:One consideration is how you plan to play the pedals which, in part, would determine the length of the naturals. Playing toe - heel would require longer while toe only you could get by with shorter.

Rgds,
Ed

Thanks for the quick reply Ed... To answer your question... Toe only
pblais

Return to DIY organ consoles / MIDI