It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:43 am

Midi-Hardware MIDECO help needed

Building organ consoles for use with Hauptwerk, adding MIDI to existing consoles, obtaining parts, ...
  • Author

maestropotvin

Midi-Hardware MIDECO help needed

PostSat May 06, 2017 5:42 pm

Anyone using Midi-Hardware MIDECO to drive drawknobs? I have encountered a new problem. I have 96 drawknobs over three MIDECO. Everything is programmed properly, enough power to work everything. When I pull the first drawknob on MIDECO unit 1, the first drawknobs on the other units also pull out on their own. Any idea how I can stop that from happening?

I have a Hauptwerk demonstration at my house tomorrow and I am hoping to fix that before people arrive.

johnh

Re: Midi-Hardware MIDECO help needed

PostSat May 06, 2017 9:42 pm

Do both LEDs flash on all three boards when this occurs? That would indicate a programming/setup problem.

GrahamH

PostSun May 07, 2017 3:41 am

Is Hauptwerk virtual drawknob #1 sending the correct MIDI-out message - in particular regarding the MIDI channel number?

Graham

maestropotvin

PostSun May 07, 2017 7:50 am

Yes. The midi signal is correct

ArnoldOrgans

PostSun May 07, 2017 10:22 pm

We use midi-hardware products often and almost never have problems. Are you sure the MIDI channel is correct? Each board needs to be on a different MIDI channel. Did you preform the MIDI learn on all the MIDECO boards? This process should program the channel and starting point of each board. If more than 1 board is activating a stop, this probably means they are set to the same channel. The MIDI learn instructions can be found in the MIDECO user manual. This programming has to be done separately from the encoder programming.
Matt Arnold
http://www.customorganworks.com
info@customorganworks.com
Authorized reseller of Hauptwerk, Milan Digital Audio, Inspired Acoustics, CLR Resources and Sonus Paradisi.

GrahamH

PostMon May 08, 2017 4:48 am

Thank you Matt! I concur with everything you wrote. When I replied, I was just about to go out, so I didn't have time to go into detail.

Graham

Return to DIY organ consoles / MIDI