It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:10 am

Pedalboard MIDI help

Building organ consoles for use with Hauptwerk, adding MIDI to existing consoles, obtaining parts, ...
  • Author

ContraDulciana16

Pedalboard MIDI help

PostMon Jun 12, 2017 10:43 pm

Hi everyone,

Recently I was finally lucky enough to locate and old AGO pedalboard. I have been using Hauptwerk for several years now and always used m-audio keyboards for manuals so setup was a breeze. I'm a total novice when it comes to encoders, reed switches, etc. I read on the forums that the mpc32xrs bundle from MIDI Boutique is a simple way to Midify a pedalboard. From the site, it looks like you just put the parts together, plug it in to Hauptwerk and you're off.

Am I missing something? Are there any special skills needed to rig this up like soldering or advanced computer skills? Like I said, I'm a total novice. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

-Dominick

organtechnology

Re: Pedalboard MIDI help

PostMon Jun 12, 2017 11:55 pm

ContraDulciana16 wrote:Hi everyone,

Recently I was finally lucky enough to locate and old AGO pedalboard. I have been using Hauptwerk for several years now and always used m-audio keyboards for manuals so setup was a breeze. I'm a total novice when it comes to encoders, reed switches, etc. I read on the forums that the mpc32xrs bundle from MIDI Boutique is a simple way to Midify a pedalboard. From the site, it looks like you just put the parts together, plug it in to Hauptwerk and you're off.

Am I missing something? Are there any special skills needed to rig this up like soldering or advanced computer skills? Like I said, I'm a total novice. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

-Dominick

Yep that's basically it. Just be careful with the reed switch harness. I recommend you drill holes in the edge of a board over close to the side where the magnets will be located. You can then lower each reed switch into the board for protection and spacing from the magnet. No soldering no special skills just a little wood working.

Thomas
Complete Hauptwerk™ systems using real wood consoles, PC Sound Engines, Dante Audio for Home or Church. info (at) organtechnology.com http://www.organtechnology.com
Authorized Hauptwerk; Milan Digital Audio and Lavender Audio reseller.
USA and Canada shipments only.

johnh

PostTue Jun 13, 2017 9:26 am

Does the AGO pedalboard have any existing contacts? You might save some work and fiddling by re-using what's already there if they can be used.

---john.

ContraDulciana16

PostSat Jun 17, 2017 8:30 pm

Thanks a lot for the help guys. No Contacts, maybe somebody already stripped them out in the past. Looks like I'm starting from scratch. But, after some research, it seems simple enough with some time and effort.

Chris Filby

PostTue Jan 23, 2018 11:14 am

I am looking at doing similar. Can you tell me which kit you used and did you get it working? any handy hints?
Thanks.

IainStinson

PostTue Jan 23, 2018 1:15 pm

magnaton

PostTue Jan 23, 2018 11:36 pm

Hello Dominick:

You may find this video helpful showing an simple install of the MIDI encoder & reed switch assembly from Midi- Boutique.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AoFcEz0MsmI

Danny B.

Chris Filby

PostWed Jan 24, 2018 4:25 am

magnaton wrote:Hello Dominick:

You may find this video helpful showing an simple install of the MIDI encoder & reed switch assembly from Midi- Boutique.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AoFcEz0MsmI

Danny B.

That is brilliant.. thanks for sharing :)

kind regards

Chris

Return to DIY organ consoles / MIDI