It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:19 am

Pistons for commonly-used HW functions

Building organ consoles for use with Hauptwerk, adding MIDI to existing consoles, obtaining parts, ...
  • Author

dcaton

Re: Pistons for commonly-used HW functions

PostThu Oct 12, 2017 1:09 pm

mdyde wrote:You can alternatively set up Hauptwerk's Master Scoped combinations to act as divisionals, with whatever scopes you like. The 'Registration menu: master scoped combinations' section in the user guide (pages 101-105) covers them.

Indeed it does. Somehow, I was viewing http://www.hauptwerk.com/clientuploads/ ... rGuide.pdf which is the user guide for 3.3. which explains why searches for things like "scope" came up empty and some of the screen shots weren't accurate (which isn't unusual with most software documentation). Don't know how I ended up at that url. Sorry about that. I do tend to RTFM before asking questions :-)

Yes -- it's possible to implement any kind of complex logic within the 'full' organ definition format if you create your own organ definitions. (However, please bear in mind that we don't provide support for it, and it's very complex in general.).

I'm a programmer by trade, so I'm comfortable with boolean logic, relational databases, etc. Understand that you can't provide support for it though. I hate doing tech support, so I especially appreciate your help and patience.

B. Milan

Site Admin

Re: Pistons for commonly-used HW functions

PostThu Oct 12, 2017 1:18 pm

Hello dcaton,

I've removed the reference to those old URLS for the previous version user guides. They shouldn't have been available (thanks for pointing that out!).

Please always refer to the main website Documentation section for the current version of the user guide.

http://www.hauptwerk.com/support/documentation/

Thank you!
Brett Milan
Owner
MILAN DIGITAL AUDIO
Previous

Return to DIY organ consoles / MIDI