Search:
Submit Search

"Adding" tracker touch?

Building organ consoles for use with Hauptwerk, adding MIDI to existing consoles, obtaining parts, ...

Re: "Adding" tracker touch?

Postby anco111 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:52 am

Paul Hodgetts wrote:I think i've just learnt the Dutch for "you do not have permission to view this picture"...

scottherbert wrote:Thank you all for your replies! Paul, I had wondered if those were too small to be effective, thank you for your input! And anco111, I am in the same boat as Paul, cannot see the images. :roll:

~S

Oops…. Could very well be because you need to be signed in on the forum to see the pictures..
Good luck learning dutch by te way :wink:
anco111

Postby anco111 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:55 am

organtechnology wrote:
scottherbert wrote: The tracker touch is the deal breaker!

I will never understand (as a non-player) how or why the imperfection of the organ mechanism in a tracker touch organ, the defect that the builders worked so hard to eliminate, has become such a desired feature. (insert emoji for :tounge-in-cheek here).

Thomas the builder.

It's not a defect, it's a charm.. :wink:
anco111

Postby johnstump_organist » Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:01 am

An important point when adding tracker touch to electric action keyboards, is to make the contact fires shortly after the resistance, "pluck" is overcome. If the contact fires before the pluck is broken or far after, the sense of control won't be gained.
Tracker touch is not always synonymous with heavy touch, I've played many organs, from small one manuals to three manuals with a brustwerk that had a touch so light, I was actually wishing it could be made heavier.
John
johnstump_organist

Previous

Return to DIY organ consoles / MIDI