It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:00 pm

My Hauptwerk does work.

Building organ consoles for use with Hauptwerk, adding MIDI to existing consoles, obtaining parts, ...
  • Author

Alex Marcon

My Hauptwerk does work.

PostTue Dec 25, 2018 9:04 am

I've had the free version of HW for years on my PC and it suddenly stopped working. I've reinstalled it again but nothing happens. What could be happening? I did not make any changes to my PC. Please help me. Thank you.

David Baldwin

Re: My Hauptwerk does work.

PostTue Dec 25, 2018 9:50 am

What do you mean by it doesn't work. Does hauptwerk load?
(Dr.) David G. Baldwin

Alex Marcon

PostTue Dec 25, 2018 10:23 am

When I click the Hauptwerk icon on my Desktop, it just does not happen. The program does not open. Absolutely nothing happens. It always worked normally.

organtechnology

PostTue Dec 25, 2018 5:34 pm

Alex Marcon wrote:I've had the free version of HW for years on my PC and it suddenly stopped working. I've reinstalled it again but nothing happens. What could be happening? I did not make any changes to my PC. Please help me. Thank you.

Hi,

It is possible that updates to your operating system or Hauptwerk version are causing your problem.
What OS are you using and what version OS? What version of Hauptwerk and what edition are you trying to load.
Let's start there.

Thomas
Complete Hauptwerk™ systems using real wood consoles, PC Sound Engines, Dante Audio for Home or Church. info (at) organtechnology.com http://www.organtechnology.com
Authorized Hauptwerk; Milan Digital Audio and Lavender Audio reseller.
USA and Canada shipments only.

Arp

PostWed Dec 26, 2018 5:02 am

it is something that happens with the new update of MAC, the operating system requires authorization to start programs that do not belong to Apple.

Alex Marcon

PostWed Dec 26, 2018 7:26 am

Hi,
My operating system is Windows 7. I have not made any updates recently. When the problem started I searched for an update from Hautpwerk and reinstalled it. But none of that solved the problem.

IainStinson

PostWed Dec 26, 2018 4:37 pm

Which version of HW were you previously running?

Are you running 64 bit Windows 7? Current versions of HW need to have a 64 bit version of the Windows OS to run.

I would suggest applying all MS updates to Windows 7.

Try installing some other program (from a known good source) such as http://www.winmd5.com/. If you can;t install this then you have a broken Windows system.

If this can be installed and run then make sure you have JAVA installed as the installer uses JAVA (HW doesn't). Try installing the latest Windows version of HW downloaded from the HW website.

Lookout for any messages from the install process.

Are you running on a user account on Windows 7 that has sufficient privilege to install software?
(If not try logging on as an administrator or try using "run as administrator" when you run the installer program.)

Good luck
Iain

Gerryo

PostThu Dec 27, 2018 10:20 am

Have you by chance tried a system restore on your computer. I once had a similar problem, and that got me going again.

Mixtuur4st

PostThu Dec 27, 2018 2:00 pm

Iain Stinson wrote:
Are you running 64 bit Windows 7? Current versions of HW need to have a 64 bit version of the Windows OS to run.

This is not correct: all versions of Hauptwerk work perfectly on Windows XP/32-bit.
(of course you can only use small samplesets because of the memory limitation).

Rgds,
Jack

IainStinson

PostThu Dec 27, 2018 6:02 pm

I stand corrected. The manual says:
On the Windows platform, we recommend and fully support the following versions/editions of Microsoft Windows. These are the Windows platforms we use for testing and developing Hauptwerk, and we recommend them for best performance, stability and compatibility:
 64-bit Windows 8.1 Pro.
 64-bit Windows 8.1 (standard/home/non-Pro edition).
 64-bit Windows 7 Professional, Service Pack 1 and above.
 64-bit Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1 and above.
 64-bit Windows 7 Ultimate, Service Pack 1 and above.
Hauptwerk will probably still work on 32-bit and 64-bit Windows XP and Vista, and on 32-bit Windows 7 and 8, although we no longer test with them, we wouldn't recommend them for new computers, and we’ll only provide support for them for problems that can be reproduced on one of our primary supported Windows platforms listed above. (1)

Return to DIY organ consoles / MIDI