It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:17 am

Digital music rack...

Building organ consoles for use with Hauptwerk, adding MIDI to existing consoles, obtaining parts, ...
  • Author

Richard Linder

PostFri Nov 07, 2008 7:40 pm

About 25 years ago we rebuilt the Chapter's (ATOS) four manual Wurlitzer console. It had a foot operated Sostenuto switch mounted on the right side of the Solo expression pedal. Since Wurlitzer crescendo pedals are mounted a bit forward of the others, one must lift their foot to slide onto the crescendo pedal. We have not had any comments about the switch being in the way. Apparently lifting ones foot to get to te crescendo pedal reduces the possibility of an accidatel bump of the switch.
Best wishes,
Dick Linder
Burlington, Massachusetts, USA

Richard Linder

Swell Pedal Page Turner

PostSun Nov 16, 2008 10:59 am

SWELL PEDAL PAGE TURNER: Prior attempt was too sensitive and fragile..(thanks Ed). I think this is the final design. Kind of a tight squeeze for the switches under the swell pedal but they just fit. The plate and screw are part of the linkage to the slider pot volume control. Topside: The spring is the "de-sesitizer" which determines the foot pressure required to actuate the switches. The two Klann toe pistons which were erratically turning more than one page at a time have been retrofitted with reed switches and are working just fine. The joys of dry switching.

Best wishes,
Dick Linder

imcg110

PostSun Nov 16, 2008 11:29 am

Hi - I thought this might be of interest on this thread - just got an email re mac version of music reader software:

Dear Mac User,

Thanks for your interest in MusicReader.
I’m really proud to announce you the upcoming launch of our innovative software product for Mac OS X.
We are currently finishing this new MusicReader release and expect the first public (beta) version within one or two weeks.
You will receive another e-mail when it becomes available for download.

In case you want to test an earlier release, I am already looking for some experienced Mac OS X Users for a beta test.
These users will be asked to perform some simple tests on their Mac system with our internal beta version.
This beta version already should work on most systems, but we want to be sure before we release it to everyone.
You will be rewarded with a discount on the final version of the software.
If you are interested in participation then please e-mail me your Mac OS version (1.X) and processor (Intel/Power PC).

If you have any questions then please don’t hesitate to contact me.

Best regards,
Marco Leoné

Leoné MusicReader B.V.
Erve Stroomboer 45
7623 JC Borne , The Netherlands

E-mail: sales@musicreader.net

Dutch Trade Register: 08087290
Statutory Seat: Borne, The Netherlands
VAT Number: NL8189.54.826.B01

micdev

Site Admin

PostSun Nov 16, 2008 4:31 pm

Richard,

Thanks for the picture of your pedal, this is exactly what I had in mind, but couldn't come with a "structured idea" of it. You will save me many hours experimenting and testing different designs.

By the way, since you are using X-Keys, if you still have some the "more than one page syndrome" you can simply introduce a pause of 0.5 or 1 sec. in your X-key macro.

My "digital rack" keep evolving, my 24" screen is now mounted on an Ergotron arm, allowing me to properly position the screen. Now I need to build an overlay rack (a rack I can add easily over the screen) to use the good old books and sheets.

I finally bought MusicReader. If you try it, a few days before the expiration of your trial licence you will get an email from Marco Leoné asking for some suggestions and if you provide some, he will send you a discount of 20%.

I did provide a lot of suggestions, some that were already in the "to do list" and some that he found interesting and to do eventually.

Right now I'm using Acrobat Reader when browsing thru tons of pdf music files and convert only the pieces I want to play and pratice.

I really like the way MusicReader display the page, allowing you to reach the switch, not at the end of one page, but anytime you want or can while playing a page, since the new page is display in the opposite side of the window.

Thanks again for the details of your pedal

Regards
François

gingercat

PostMon Nov 17, 2008 3:40 am

Morning chaps - you might want to look here for some very cheap swell pedals to which you can also attach switches: http://www.gino-midi.nl/EN/Mecha_pagina.htm
Regards,
Chris Blaylock
i5 4670k, 32GB RAM, Win7, 2xELO 1280x1024 Touchscreens, Focusrite Saffire, MIDISport 4x4
4 Manual Console, 32 R&C Pedalboard, 3xExpression, Solenoid coupler tabs

Richard Linder

PostMon Nov 17, 2008 7:33 pm

Francois: Thanks for the X-Key "pause" tip. I will make a note of that just in case.
Best wishes,
Dick Linder

engrssc

Re: Digital music rack...

PostFri Aug 24, 2018 7:32 pm

Current page viewer

http://www.aha-soft.com/ahaview/

Many formats.

You realize this thread was started10 years ago? 8)

Rgds,
Ed
Previous

Return to DIY organ consoles / MIDI