It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:04 pm

Expression pedals

Building organ consoles for use with Hauptwerk, adding MIDI to existing consoles, obtaining parts, ...
  • Author

Bri

Expression pedals

PostThu Aug 06, 2009 9:13 am

I wonder if anyone can recommend any particular type/manufacturer of pedal suitable to use, particularly as a crescendo pedal for the Extended Haverhill Organ, but also for the swells.
Looking around, I get the impression that nearly all of the standard pedals one can buy do not seem to have much of distance of travel and I imagine would therefore be difficult to control between the 30 steps of the Haverhill crescendo.
Will be grateful for any advice, preferably relating to equipment available in England.
Bri

dwood

Re: Expression pedals

PostThu Aug 06, 2009 10:43 am

Hey Bri,

Travel for the shoe is more tied to the gradations within the scanner than it is to the shoe itself. The travel of a potentiometer is pretty standard. What the scanner does with the voltage change is another matter.

When we updated our CMK2 firmware recently, one of the things we did was increase the crescendo stages from just over 30 to over 40 possible gradations.

I just got confirmation from a user (after reading this note) that our shoes work fine with the Haverhill set. And, co-incidentally, they are available in England :D

Cheers,

Darryl

Bri

PostThu Aug 06, 2009 11:21 am

Many thanks for that, Daryll, can you tell me where they are available in England, please?
Bri

dwood

PostThu Aug 06, 2009 11:45 am

You can order them directly from our site. http://www.midiworks.ca.

Thanks,

Darryl

Return to DIY organ consoles / MIDI