It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:05 am

Heyligers or Johannus

Building organ consoles for use with Hauptwerk, adding MIDI to existing consoles, obtaining parts, ...
  • Author

Gertjan

Heyligers or Johannus

PostMon Aug 17, 2009 7:36 am

Hello everyone,

I started the topic "midifying my old Johannus Opus 220" and got some great help from everyone.
Now I do have another dilemma: I got an offer for an old Heyligers organ. I know from most Heyligers organ that they have a great keyboard with wooden keys and a real pipeorgan touch.

Does anyone know if heyligers organs from the 70' are wired according the scanrow or scanmatrix? What do you think is the better/easier option to midify a heyligers or my Johannus.

Hopefully someone can answer my questions.

Regards

Gertjan

Nick18

Re: Heyligers or Johannus

PostMon Aug 17, 2009 6:35 pm

Hallo Gertjan,

I dont't know how the manuals are wired... You can try http://www.heyligers-orgels.nl/ (Musitronics).
If you remove all electronics you can either make a scanmatrix or scanrow! (Depending on the midi controller boards you planned to use). If I were you I'll take the Heyligers!

The wooden manuals are probably made by Laukhuff (which means that there a equipped with a very good key contact system). Also the quality of the pedalboard is high. The manuals are easy to wire (I have some Laukhuff manuals here).

I think the Johannes has Fatar manuals? I personally don't like the "plastic" touch manuals used by Johannes.

There is also an other option (replace the manuals of the Johannes for Laukhuff manuals):
I know someone in Veenendaal (NL) who sells used Laukhuff manuals for fair prices (around €50 /manual).
I purchased mine there too. I can send you the contact details.

I don't like the Heyligers consoles by the way, they look old-fashioned and very simple :wink:
Met vriendelijke groeten (Best regards),
Nico

Gertjan

PostTue Aug 18, 2009 1:04 am

Hallo Nick,

Thanks a lot for you're reply. I will try to get the Heyligers and maybe build those manuals in my old Johannus, or build my own console. I still have to check out the organ, since I don't know what it's condition is.

If you can provide me with the contact details of that person in Veenendaal, that would be great.

Thanks again

Groeten

Gertjan

GeertM

PostWed Sep 02, 2009 3:15 pm

Hello Gertjan and Nick,

As I live in the neighbourhood of Veenendaal and I also happen to be busy planning a new console, I am seriously interested in the link towards these keyboards too....

Nick, could you send me an email on geertmolenaar@gmail.com wioth the details??

If any of you needs help from me, you can always contact me also, as I am an electronics engineer and have a lifelong experience in building audio-equipment and electronic organs.

My latest project was midifying my Hammond B3000

Hartelijke groeten,

Geert Molenaar

Return to DIY organ consoles / MIDI