It is currently Tue May 14, 2024 2:33 pm

Advice on Keyboards

Building organ consoles for use with Hauptwerk, adding MIDI to existing consoles, obtaining parts, ...
  • Author

landadel

Advice on Keyboards

PostWed Sep 30, 2009 4:37 am

Hello,

I am planning to build up a new organ console to use with Hauptwerk3.
Can anyone give me advice which keyboards to use? At the moment I just have simple MIDI Keyboards which I won't integrate into the new console for sure.
I was thinking of FATAR Keyboards which I could could use together with scanner platines. What are the differences between TP/8L, TP/8O, TP/8HO and TP/8S? They all seem to work, but I don't know which one would fit best.
Besides FATAR, are there any other recommandable keyboards?

Thanks for all answers in advance,
Landadel

vidarf

Re: Advice on Keyboards

landadel

PostWed Sep 30, 2009 2:45 pm

So you have just taken the keyboard out of its case, right? So that means, al necessary electronics is below the keys? Do you still use the USB interface of the keyboard or did you integrate the keyboard's electronic with a scanner platine?

vidarf

PostWed Sep 30, 2009 4:40 pm

The keys is connected via a cable to a separate PCB. I intend to use a separate USB MIDI interface where all the keyboards and my pedalboard is connected. I'll update my website with images when I've figured out the best way to mount the PCB. Should be sorted out over the weekend.

And the Keystation 61 ES has great "feel" to it. Very similar to a real tracker organ, except the "point of resistance".

Return to DIY organ consoles / MIDI